Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:51:06 PM EDT
Everyplace i look has used ones, and bought some, but they have rust all around them. Trying to find some that are new 50 cal. watertight ones.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
They don't make new ammo cans; they are all rusty from the factory.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They don't make new ammo cans; they are all rusty from the factory.

True.   Must be why I'm going to get some of those od green plastic ammo cans Cabela's has.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can get .50 cal cans  at J&G sales. They are in AZ but you can .50 cal cans  by the pallet  140 of them  for 99cents each. Single  they are 5.95 Three or more are 3.95.  10 or more are 1.95. Hope this helps you out.  

www.jgsales.com
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes you can get .50 cal cans  at J&G sales. They are in AZ but you can .50 cal cans  by the pallet  140 of them  for 99cents each. Single  they are 5.95 Three or more are 3.95.  10 or more are 1.95. Hope this helps you out.  

www.jgsales.com

I'd hate to pay the shipping to CT on a pallet of those---yowza.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
redrumnine,

I had picked up a couple of 20MM ammo cans at D'Andreas in Stratford about a year ago maybe they have more. Don't know where in CT your from. I also picked up 2 25MM hard plastic ammo boxes. As far a 50 cal cans that have rust if it's not bad they can be touched up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
danscamo.net
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.jgsales.com

Ill check em out tonight, anything is a help to me regarding this, so thank you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
redrumnine,

I had picked up a couple of 20MM ammo cans at D'Andreas in Stratford about a year ago maybe they have more. Don't know where in CT your from. I also picked up 2 25MM hard plastic ammo boxes. As far a 50 cal cans that have rust if it's not bad they can be touched up.

Im in west hartford, but driving anywhere in CT is no big deal to me, ill also look into them, and thanks for the info. Plastic is ok with me so long as its waterproof like the 50 cals are. Ill read up on em later this evening.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
danscamo.net

saw him selling some on ebay, but he has some bad feedback which kept me from jumping on it, but i havent ruled him out yet.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The other day I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and found a plasctic ammo box that has a removeable holder/shelf  for shotgun shells.  It's not as tall as metal ammo cans but it works perfect for me.  I just took out the holder/shelf.  It can easily fit 35 20rd boxes of XM193 and probably more.  I do have a few military ammo cans but I wnted something a little lighter and newer. It has an O ring to make it watertight.  I think I paid $7.99.  
Don't know if that is something that sounds good but I figured I'd give you a heads up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The other day I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and found a plasctic ammo box that has a removeable holder/shelf  for shotgun shells.  It's not as tall as metal ammo cans but it works perfect for me.  I just took out the holder/shelf.  It can easily fit 35 20rd boxes of XM193 and probably more.  I do have a few military ammo cans but I wnted something a little lighter and newer. It has an O ring to make it watertight.  I think I paid $7.99.  
Don't know if that is something that sounds good but I figured I'd give you a heads up.

Yea, that does sound like it might just work for me. I shall check online tonight and see if they offer it online. If not ill check out the closest one to me after work one day this coming week.

Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, that does sound like it might just work for me. I shall check online tonight and see if they offer it online. If not ill check out the closest one to me after work one day this coming week.

Thanks for the input

I just went to Dick's online and I cannot find it on there but my store has them and I would imagine yours does too.

here is a pic of it here
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the input

I just went to Dick's online and I cannot find it on there but my store has them and I would imagine yours does too.

here is a pic of it here

Those look like they could work, and they have a rubber ring around the inside as well ? ill take a ride to my Dicks and check em out. Otherwise im sure i can find somewhere else online to grab em if they are as durable as they look.

Thanks for the link by the way, very helpful.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Do not buy from Dans Camo. He is a lier. I bought six of his supposed NEW .50 cans from him on ebay. He sent me six old used cans that had been repainted inside and out with a somewhat rough textured paint that was off of the norm for color of original cans. As soon as I touched the can I new something was wrong because of the texture of the paint. The rubber seal in the lids had been masked off but there was still some paint on the seals. a couple cans had some rust painted over also. I was pissed because he said they where BRAND NEW. They are definatly old cans with a halfass paint job using the wrong paint.
RangerT
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Try Northwest Loading.  Shipping might hurt from Oregon to CT.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Do not buy from Dans Camo. He is a lier. I bought six of his supposed NEW .50 cans from him on ebay. He sent me six old used cans that had been repainted inside and out with a somewhat rough textured paint that was off of the norm for color of original cans. As soon as I touched the can I new something was wrong because of the texture of the paint. The rubber seal in the lids had been masked off but there was still some paint on the seals. a couple cans had some rust painted over also. I was pissed because he said they where BRAND NEW. They are definatly old cans with a halfass paint job using the wrong paint.
RangerT

Ranger, I was afraid of that, and actually thought that he might try that, which is why i saved it for kind of a last resort. Thanks for the confirmation on this, sorry you took a hit for the info though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Try Northwest Loading.  Shipping might hurt from Oregon to CT.

Thanks for the link Brillo, im just worried that any used ones might ship with rust. I can deal with them being used, but the rust is not something id want. Thats why i was looking for any new ones. I gotta look at all the great info you guys offered me and figure out which route to take. I will investigate this one as well, thank you Brillo.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the input

here is a pic of it here

Those look like they could work, and they have a rubber ring around the inside as well ? ill take a ride to my Dicks and check em out. Otherwise im sure i can find somewhere else online to grab em if they are as durable as they look.

Thanks for the link by the way, very helpful.

they do have a rubber ring inside the lid
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the heads up on DansCamo.  I was going to buy from there, now I will look elsewhere.  Anyone know if local army and navy stores carry them?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I received some very nice cans from these guys!!

militaryshooters.com
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

militaryshooters.com

any rust anywhere on them? and thats 4 for only 15 bucks?

sounds pretty good, just worried about any rust.

Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]
tag-a-roo
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

militaryshooters.com

any rust anywhere on them? and thats 4 for only 15 bucks?

sounds pretty good, just worried about any rust.

Thanks for the link

The ones  I got (12) were clean inside..This is what counts.
There was just a bit of rust on 3-4 on the outside..
Shipping was 20.00 plus on 12 for me..Highly acceptable to me!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Where can I get some fatty SAW cans online?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought two new ammo cans full of ammo from AIM when the were selling Radway Green .223.

The kind that come full of cartridges, strippers, and bandoliers are always the best kind.

Edited to add:

Get the Radway Green cans if you can. Mine are galvanized under the paint, so they have no rust even though they have exposed metal where they have been scratched.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
RangerT

Same here.  New cans my ass.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
redrumnine,

I just picked up some 25mm boxes too from my local surplus store:)

It's some sexy looking stuff!  Only problem is that I don't know what I'm gonna use it for!  The molding inside makes it hard to stack ammo boxes but it sure looks cool
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top