Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:09:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I swear by SA surplus. I buy it whenever I find it, whether it be a couple of battle packs at a shop, or a couple of tubs at a show. Being surplus ammo, neither LC nor SA will be as consistently accurate as Federal Match, but out of my AR-10a4, they are pretty close. I have not found a noticeable difference between SA and LC, besides the production date(SA:70's and 80's.... LC:90's and up) so SA gets the nod based on price. I still have half a case of M80 left, but I have almost 4000rds of SA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Just bought an M1A a couple of weeks ago, and everything though her so far has been SA, which my local dealer has had a supply of (and I have been whittling away at). Generally impressed with its quality, no issues so far.

I don't have local access to LC, and having ammo delivered is an issue for me, but I am interested in getting some since the SA won't last forever, so I am also interested in member experiences and opinions.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the SA 7.62 in the brown plastic battle packs. it has performed very well out of my M1A and my Remington M700. I wish I had more of it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#4]
LC .308 issues

I'd go with the SA as I've never had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#5]
My DSA love's SA......
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top