Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 8:11:56 PM EDT
Haven't taken my AR Colt out for a while. (yes it is a sin I know....)

Shot some Wolf Laquer cases, all ran perfect, good grouping, not great, not bad.

Shot some Q3131a and some Q3131, both ran fine, good grouping....

Shot some wolf Polymer cases 40 rnds 55 gr, ran perfect, shot these starting off with a hot barrel and cranked out 20 rnds in as many seconds, flawless.... then shot 20 rnds lacquer cased wolf, flawless.

Shot some relaods, had left over bullets I pulled, put in a random charge (midrange  in manual) of good powder, and I'll be damned if I wasn't getting 1 inch groups at 50 yards for 10 shots. Well no chance of repeating that recipe as I didn't write anything down...

Shot some S&B SS109's, sweet shooting.

Discovered I had bought some Olympic ammo about 5 yrs ago and never got around to shooting it.
Well it didn't fail to live down to it's reputation. I shot 30 rounds and (I counted) EVERY other shot something went wrong, first FTE, then FTF, then FTE, then stuck case, then weak charge didn't eject, then etc.... Screw it, I am pulling all the bullets and scrapping the rest.

The case rims were ripped off by my extractor, on several of them too soft I believe.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some olympic left over too.

They are cool paperweights on my desk.

Often i can't find enough paper to keep them under.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I took the rest apart last night, saved the bullets and powder, trashed brass and primers,

I have other primed brass I will put components back into.

The few that acually shot, were accurate! I couldn't believe it.

Who says accuracy and reliability go together!

They need to be together but don't have to be.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top