Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:45:43 PM EDT
is this BS?
does this ammo have sealed bullets and primers?
any reliability problems?
are these gold dots the latest generation or older ones that don't work well?
i was going to get some of the winchester fmj nato loads for my top secret tactical bubble bath ammo but if  these gold dots are good i would prefer the hollow points. thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
link????
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
can't do a link i am not a computer guy. it is not hard to find on the sportsmansguide web site.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
can't do a link i am not a computer guy. it is not hard to find on the sportsmansguide web site.

You've posted 944 times and never bothered to learn how to copy a link? Come on manhref=www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=195949
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Navy SEAL 9mm Gold Dot...............................

Let's think, what type of ammo do US forces use? If that isn't FMJ why would the military buy it?

Then the story................... 9mm pallet in a warehouse.................. I'm pretty sure the SEALs go through enough ammo that 1 pallet "extra" wouldn't be that hard to use up. I'm also wandering what kind of ammo seller buys 1 pallet of ammo................. esp buying from Uncle Sam......... simply wouldn't be worth it. Is the military even allowed to resell guns or ammo these days? Oh, I also doubt the ammo was "in a warehouse", it wouldv'e been in a bunker.

So the Words "Navy SEAL" and "9mm" can be verified, everything else in that write up is BS.

Gold Dot is good ammo. I wouldn't buy it from a LIAR however.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
The military would buy hollowpoints for anti-terrorism use. IIRC that's the same brand the SEALs used for their MP5s.

I have never seen a SPECWAR unit have surplus ammo. They find a way to use it one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The military would buy hollowpoints for anti-terrorism use. IIRC that's the same brand the SEALs used for their MP5s.

I have never seen a SPECWAR unit have surplus ammo. They find a way to use it one way or another.

I thought using HP's was a HUGE no no for any military unit.

Quoted:
Navy SEAL 9mm Gold Dot...............................

Let's think, what type of ammo do US forces use? If that isn't FMJ why would the military buy it?

Then the story................... 9mm pallet in a warehouse.................. I'm pretty sure the SEALs go through enough ammo that 1 pallet "extra" wouldn't be that hard to use up. I'm also wandering what kind of ammo seller buys 1 pallet of ammo................. esp buying from Uncle Sam......... simply wouldn't be worth it. Is the military even allowed to resell guns or ammo these days? Oh, I also doubt the ammo was "in a warehouse", it wouldv'e been in a bunker.

So the Words "Navy SEAL" and "9mm" can be verified, everything else in that write up is BS.

Gold Dot is good ammo. I wouldn't buy it from a LIAR however.

If you read closer it says it was an order that was cancelled.  That would make me think that it never shipped.  So the warehouse theory could work. It's still BS but it does have that at least going for it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Dusty_C, dport said "anti-terrorism", Geneva Convention, Hague Accords, etc. cover organized warfare. Terrorists do no play by those rules, so the protections do not apply to them.

I still think everthing in that write up is BS except "Navy SEALs" and "9mm"

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
A cancelled order would make more sense. The SEALs still use the MP5 a little, but Mk18s are very common.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IIRC this stuff is contract overrun I believe that it's the same stuff ammoman had and may still have. Not sure though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Hollowpoints are allowed to be used when fighting a non army which is what terrorists are
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
i am most interested in if it is fully sealed ammo and if it is a modern generation of the gold dot bullet. the rest i could care less.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i am most interested in if it is fully sealed ammo and if it is a modern generation of the gold dot bullet. the rest i could care less.

Off the top of my head, sealed, and the 124 GDHP should be an excellent real world performer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I purchased 500 rounds of said ammo.  It is marked 9mm LUGER SOC 124 gr GDHP  part# 55036.  It is also known as Speer® Gold Dot® Dive Ammunition.  It's specs are shown here http://le.atk.com/Interior.asp?section=2&page=pages/ccispeer/ccispeer_GoldDot.asp
That's all I could dig up on it so far.  It looks like it's velocity is 1220 the same as the 124 gr +P GDHP.  I have fired a few rounds of it and it works fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#15]
That's no bargain.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top