Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:39:39 AM EDT
they only stock the old crappy laquer coated stuff, and NOT the good polymer stuff.  Just talked to them today about it and confirmed the above info.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with the laquer coated stuff?

It runs fine in my Busy's...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
some people have had a lot of problems with the laquer melting and gumming up the gun.  The polymer stuff doesnt do that.  I'll try a mag in my gun and see what happens.  If it causes me problems, i'd be more then glad to sell the stuff to you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
some people have had a lot of problems with the laquer melting and gumming up the gun.  .

Yeah people have been saying that for years.  But you know something, you can heat one of the cases up with a propane torch and the laquer won't melt.  Now if it's not melting from a torch how will it melt in your chamber?

It's more a case of some problems with the dimension of peoples chambers and the elasticity of steel vs brass.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's wrong with the laquer coated stuff?

Jams the $hit out of my gun.  The laquer isn't slick enough to chamber a single round.  Won't touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the lacquer coated stuff cause people are so afraid of it that I can get it dirt cheap.  Works great in everything I shoot it thru.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
its the red sealent around the bullet that gums up the chambers when it gets hot.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top