Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:51:06 PM EDT
Trying to find a supplier for 62 gr. FMJBT bullets to reload at a decent price. Looking to buy by the 1,000. I have heard IMI makes a pretty good bullet. Are there any other brands out there? How about military surplus? And where do I find them? Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The IMI 62's are great shooting bullets, 100% the equal of the Speer 62 FMJ's, if you can get them.  My local supplier hasen't seen them for a couple of years...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
62 FMJBT (M855) New
www.gibrass.com

62 FMJFB (M855) pull downs
hi-techammo.com/

Both go for about $60 per M,  if anyone knows of a source cheaper, please pass it on.  I need to stock up myself.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The IMI 62's are great shooting bullets, 100% the equal of the Speer 62 FMJ's, if you can get them.  My local supplier hasen't seen them for a couple of years...

I hate to give away some of my sources, but try Wideners for the IMI 62 grain bullets.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I see Hi-Tech Ammo sells new (not pull downs) 62 Gr. M855 bullets for $45 a 1000. Thats sounds like a good deal. Has anybody bought any of these bullets and how accurate are they?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up ordering 1,000 - 62 Gr. FMJ from Hi-Tech Ammo. The guy  I spoke to said that the bullets are made by Winchester and are brand new and not seconds. For $45.00@1000, thats the best deal I have found so far. I hope they shoot good!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Be very careful with "pulled" bullets. Stick with new unloaded slugs. Trust me, you don't want to have happen to you what happened to me. A few years back, I bought 10k M855 pulled slugs from a guy named "Dan" who used to advertise in the Shotgun News. The slugs had awful pull marks on them, and the accuracy sucked (they were alright for 100 yard shooting, but the groups got huge pretty quickly after that). I ended up using about 1k of them, and selling the rest at a fair loss...

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top