Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:43:32 AM EDT
Okay sorry to have caused such a stir with the TAP 110 question! I figured if I had to use the rifle in the house maybe my kids wouldn't have to worry about a round coming through thier wall after going through whoever. So now I have some of the TAP 155gr anyone care to share thier feelings on these rounds? I also purchased some BH 168gr BTHPs are these good rounds for defense? I have some of the "blended- metal" .223 40gr for my mini-14 and AR does anyone have any info on this stuff in .308 other than it is "way" expensive? Here comes the storm again
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]

155 AMAX is great stuff.  Basically what you'll get is 50% fragmentation...same with the Nosler Ballistic Tips.  Lots of little pieces creating multiple wound channels as well as that nice 75 grain slug continuing to penetrate.  

168 BTHP is most likely going to zip through and not create quite as devasting a wound as the AMAX.  The "hollow point" in most cases is non-functioning.  It aids in accuracy but doesn't have the same effect as handgun hollow points.  Either way shot placement is the key.  It is just not quite as critical with the AMAX...but it is still important.  THere is no magic bullet.

BTW - IMHO Blended metal is not worth the $$.  I'll stay with my 155 AMAX.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top