Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 7:42:00 PM EDT
Just wondering if the Canned Heat from Georgia Arms is loaded to a SAMMI spec or is it 5.56 nato spec.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They categorize it as .223, their catalog numbers for canned heat include the number 223, as an example G223B is their 55 gr FMJ load, that would tend to indicate SAAMI spec ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe they use Lake City brass, probably from Fort Benning (therefore it's resized 5.56mm brass).  Since this is once-fired brass, it cannot meet US Mil-Spec standards.  I also doubt that they do all the waterproofing.  Overall, I suspect it is loaded to SAAMI specs; however, they do advertise it as 3,150 fps cartridges.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a can of this ammo, brass is a mix of civilian and USGI.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#4]
It is once-fired brass from MOSTLY LEO training (according to guy at counter). They don't buy brass off the street from shooters, only from departments. I have seen in the 4-5k I've bought mostly LC brass, also some Federal AE and Winchester. They polish all of it so it no longer LOOKS like LC, but it all goes bang, so no complaints. It is NOT as hot as milspec.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
LC brass loaded for the LE market at Federal is polished at the factory.
(For what it's worth)
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top