Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:37:21 PM EDT
Ok, I bought some ammo at the gun show last weekend.  It is in a ammo can, 600 rounds in 6 four pocket bandoleers.  Says c77 on the can and was told it is canadian. Brass case, has nato cross, 85 and IVI head stamps.  What is it (good-bad, bullet weight, etc.) and what is it worth?

Thanks,
Rick_NE
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
IVI = Industries Valcartier Inc., Valcartier, Quebec, Canada. Source: Cartridge Collectors

The C77 is SS109, 62grain steel penetrator.  No personal experience re quality, not much info on the web.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Reportedly pretty accurate stuff, for military ammo. I have heard that from several sources.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, so is this stuff loaded a bit weaker than u.s. mil-spec. ammo or 'bout the same?  Just hoping I didn't get taken on the deal, I paid $95 for the whole lot in a spotless ammo can and each bando comes with a kinda neat plastic stripper clip loader thing(fits over the top of a mag like a lula).  Maybe I'll luck out and troy will see this post.

Thanks,

Rick_NE
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some of the same stuff.
Chronographed at 2921 fps out of a 14.5" Bushy barrel.

According to the FRAG CHART, it's right where it's supposed to be as far as velocity is concerned for a M855 loading.

If it was stored correctly, it should be good ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top