Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:12:03 PM EDT
Was in a local gun shop, on sale, bought all they had (ten boxes..;)

Any known issues with either lot of ammo?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
curious where you got this at.  I found a local shop here in Newport News that had quite a bit of winchester q3131 and q3131a in stock.  I picked up 5 boxes the other day and plan on getting more after payday.  This stuff seems to be a rare find lately.  As far as problems, all i can tell you is what i have read and that is that the q3131 seemed to have some problems with blown primers in the '99 batch, which is what i bought.  I had some before and didnt have any problems though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides the 3131 issue in the past,

I have not experienced any malfunctions from several lots/cases of Q3131A,
nor have i heard any negative reports.

Winny Q3131A(actually Israeli IMI manuf.) is very good M193 spec ammo and I would be confident with just about any lot #knowing the general quality,performance and track record this ammunition has.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was on the old AR15-L in 1999 and that must be my residual memory of Q3131(A) lot issues - thanks for the clarification.

DSOTM518, it was at 'The Trophy Room' on King Street in Alexandria, VA - they cater to the Beretta/Weatherby/Orvis and up set, but they do have a few things like HK and Beretta pistols in the back - and they do two very useful things for a shop that you'd think handles only the tassel-loafer-and-flyfishing crowd:

1) They will send an FFL for just about anything. AR15/AK47 receivers, they're happy. (They were closed the day before for a FONRA - Friends of NRA - banquet/fundraiser). They are happy to do it for me.

2)  Transfer fee is the cheapest at a regular FFL in my area. I could spend less by driving only a considerable distance (and spending $ on fuel).  It is a $30 rather than $10 fee, but considering the issues involved, I am happy to have two gun shops within a couple blocks of one another that cater to my interests!  (The other, Potomac Arms, is one of those 'been around forever and always has estate/consignments' type of place).

Moral of the story - visit every gun shop you have free time to visit ;)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked up 500 rounds today for $99.91 OTD, even better than the $202 OTD for 1000rds. I got a month ago.  I'll try and go back to get more once payday gets here.  

I love the stuff.  Mine is 01' stamped.  Looks (visually) A LOT, and I mean A LOT better than the boxed XM193 my dealer had for $116.60/500rds.

I've never heard of any issues, but all I have is lot SC81 so I haven't really checked into it that much.  All I know is every round has worked well so far.

-X  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top