Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2005 12:17:50 PM EDT
I was at our little podunk gunshow here in Asheville, NC.

There was this guy who normally sells ammo, so I checked out his table.

He had XM193PD and XM855PD in ziplock bags for 23.00 a hundred. Ok, maybe a little steep.

Then I found 3 20 rnd boxes of XM193, in a "junk/scrap box" with lots of other miscellaneous ammo, and asked how much.

"$6.00 a box, that there is collector ammo!"

"yeeaaaa, sshhuuurree it is" I says and put it back.

He says, "if you want shooting ammo I got some here" and he pointed to the PD stuff.

I politely said, "sorry I don't want any PD"

He looked confused, he just didn't have a clue.

I should have known there wasn't going to be any good ammo available.

BUT on the positive side!

I found a guy who has XM193 boxed 20 rnd boxes who will sell it by the case for $160. He is currently out and I will call him next week. He says he can get the stuff less shipping cost, ssoooo I will find out Next week!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Come to Charlotte on October 8 and 9. There will probably be some ammo there. I got SS109 at the last show in August. IIRC, I got 450 rounds for $80. These are on stripper clips and in bandoliers and come 150 rounds per bandolier. They were supposed to be $35 per bandolier, but $80 was all I had left after spending all my cash on other stuff, and he took it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Come to Charlotte on October 8 and 9. There will probably be some ammo there. I got SS109 at the last show in August. IIRC, I got 450 rounds for $80. These are on stripper clips and in bandoliers and come 150 rounds per bandolier. They were supposed to be $35 per bandolier, but $80 was all I had left after spending all my cash on other stuff, and he took it.

Radway Green Brit ammo. I could buy it at AIM for 139.00 per 900 rounds in a sealed ammo can. Headstamp will say RORG and a date. It then went to 149.00 and is now out I guess as it's no longer listed. I have had no problems with it, some people do with short cycling, usually after a couple hundred rounds. Your price paid was not all that bad, cheaper then some I have seen. SA is my favorite 5.56 surplus but it's now gone or pretty close to it. What I have is stashed away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got some m193 from 1969 (Vietnam collectors edition), should I not be shooting this stuff?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got some m193 from 1969 (Vietnam collectors edition), should I not be shooting this stuff?

Heck, I have .45 Military National Match ammo from the 60s, original boxes in excellent condition, good SHOOTIN stuff BTW, and good brass too. It's Milsurp ammo, thats all it is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I saw some boxed PMC-made M193 from the early '70's last week.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a case of .30 carbine from the local gunshop.
All milsurp still in the original packing.
1945 headstamp.
It's ammo - made to be shot.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top