Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2005 3:19:58 AM EDT
This load was recommended to me for hunting deer, which I intend to do this year with a  RRA 16 inch 1-9 twist barreled carbine.  This is a black looking one piece bullet.  Anyone have any experience with this bullet?  There is also a black hills load that I am considering they make a 60 grain softpoint load which is said to be a Nosler partition.  Any one with experience with the Black hills softpoint?  Most deer shot on this property are 10-50 yds and do not exceed 120 pounds.  Regards. Jimmyp
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have shot them, although I prefer to load my own and use the older 64grn. Power Points as the factory loadings don't group all that well in my rifles.

If they'll group in your rifle, to your likin, then I can tell ya they work very well. The few deer I have taken w/ the 223/5.56 have mostly been with this round, (I prefer to use a 30-06 when hunting deer).

Mike

ps - you can read more about them at the Ammo Faq tacked to the top of this forum: www.ammo-oracle.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mike. I am visiting Ammo-Oracle.  I have shot deer with all types of guns "except" an AR-15 type, which is legal here in GA as well.  As we can shoot them with bows and arrows, I figure a .223 will work as well.  Jimmyp
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top