Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:32:56 PM EDT
hey guys was just wondering what brands of .223 ammo are good to practice with. i was looking at Remingtons core lokt .223.  oh yah and where do u guys get your ammo cans/ how much?

-tom-

p.s. i take it wolf .223 ammo is the cheapest (20 rounds for $4)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
you can get wolf cheaper than $4/box.

every trip to the range i shoot a mag or two of the good stuff (m193, or m855 depending on the rifle) but i do the bulk of my practice with Wolf. dont listen to the haters, is good stuff for the $$$
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Wolf .223 is usually $3/20 here in CT, and about $130/1000 from local dealers. Gun show prices may be better, but gun shows are rare occurrences here in the PR of CT.

Your gun will tell you if it likes Wolf. Mine did not. My DPMS has a tight chamber and FTX would occur after not long. I also had damage to my extractor claw, probably from the FTXs.

I usually use FAE or Win 55 or 62gr FMJ, with preference to the 62 gr if I can get it. My 1x9 HBAR does really well with 62, groups tighten up noticeably. Although I have been saving XM193 for SHTF, I usually shoot off 1 or 2 boxes every range session just for the rush.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top