Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2005 1:32:58 PM EDT
Does anyone know of another place besides AIM that carries Silver Bear Ammo?

Just wondering way is the Silv B 223 in spam cans so much more $ compared to the stuff packed in a brown box? $.12 a round vs. $.13 a round for the same ammo?

Thx.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
cheeper than dirt
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The stuff is garbage.  Don't buy it.

At least one out of every twenty rounds gives me a FTEx.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I already have some of this ammo for plinking.  Seems to work fine for me in my BM BBL.

Anyone else have a different source?

CTD is more expensive than AIM BTW. thanx any way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Daubs-

Here is why I will never use this ammo again....just a few of the torn rims/FTEx.  M193, AE, Wolf, Ga Arms all work fine.  The steel in Silver Bear cartridges is too brittle.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
used this crap in my AR the other day. CRAP CRAP CRAP is all I have to say about that.
Jammed every other round, and mine has never jammed yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I know some members have had trouble with Silver Bear. I like the other 75% of Bear users in Zhukov's poll don't have a problem with it.

Barnaul on the other hand is complete crap for me, jams or failure to chamber on every round.    Lacquer on barnaul and wolf cases seems like a big problem in AR's, at least for me.  The zinc plate won't melt so it seems like a good alturnative.  Maybe P-245 got a bad lot with brittle steel?  Different rifles like different ammo that's a fact of life.

The only other good deal I've seen is Brass Case UMC from Natchezss for $165 + S/H per 1K rds.  That's a $45 difference in price.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If you still want this stuff, try Ammunitionstore.com.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#8]
AIM Surplus has it.

I don't trust it.  I don't know if it's any relation, but "Brown Bear" is awful stuff in my pistols.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I only shot about 500 or so of the Silver Bear in my RRA middy, worked like a champ.  Fairly accurate, no complaints.  A bit more expensive than wolf, but at about $150/K or so pretty good stuff.  It seems to me that there isn't as much of it around lately.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top