Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 2:04:21 AM EDT
I am thinking of buying a case of the some of that Argentinian 308 listed on ammoman and would like to know if it is good ammo or if I should get the lake city stuff?
I want to run it through my AR10A2, if that makes a difference.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
A few months ago there were reports of case spliting on the LC ammo with the 01 head stamp date. I went through 1000 rounds with a HL 91 and Remington PSS with out any problems after culling the very few 01 head stamps. The Argintine ammo can be dirty with mild corrision on the cases. I have only shot a few hundred but they were OK, not in the class of the Aussi but OK. Personnaly I would get the Argintine for blasting. I would not trust either for SHIF. The boxes on the bulk LC are clearly marked "for pratice only".
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
For Surplus ammunition, stick to Radway Green (brit), aussie ball, Portugese, or
South African.  Cavim is scary, indian is scary, Argentine is OK.
Hirtenberger is great.

I've used all of it in my various FALs.  I've bought/shot a bunch of Argentine 308 from Ammoman.  My experience has been fine.

Note:  I'm commenting on reliable function, not MOA accuracy.  Maybe some others ARFCOMers can comment on that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
All my SA .308 bought from AIM has been in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All my SA .308 bought from AIM has been in excellent condition.

+1.  I just bought a bunch of the South African for AIM Surplus.  It's good ammo and stores well in the battlepacks.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top