Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:44:06 AM EDT
I'm sure this has came up before, but i'm on a time constraint and don't have time to look...

Can you shoot 7.62 out of a .308?  Specifically a Remington 700P?  Found a great deal on one and would like to know...  THANKS!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#1]

7.62x51    

Yes
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
But why shoot junk, unless 118LR or M852, through a good gun?  Seems to defeat the purpose of a precision rifle with MG ammo?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  It's mine!!!  Now to get a scope...

The reason for the "junk" ammo is cause i also have a M1A and a lot of 7.62 ammo.  However, i have no money since i'm buying this gun till payday, and i wanted to test the weapon out.  he will sell me the gun minus the scope, rings, and mount (badger ordinance stuff with a leupold mark 4 m3 10x40!!!!!!!!!!!!) but he's leaving that stuff on till i test it out.  I didn't want to mess up the gun and was afraid to ask him that question as he seems to be a VERY compitent shooter and used the weapon for WORK, and i didn't want him to think i don't know anything about guns cause he kinda doesn't want to sell the thing anyways even though he now has a M24 to replace it.  He seems very partial to it.

Kinda like an old camaro that you spent your life rebuiding... you won't just sell it to anyone... you know what i mean???

Gotta get it while the gettin's good!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
i hoped that made some sense cause i'm really excited, and was on the phone with him while typing.  He's gonna sell it to me, i just gotta wait till 1745 EST to go get it...  told him all i had was 7.62 and he laughed and said that was okay, but the weapon prolly would only produce .75 to 1 @ 100 yds MOA if i was a good shot with the gun .  Makes me wonder what it will do with some match grade stuff... i should prolly ask him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep in mind you may have some extraction issues with various 7.62 ammo if it's a tight rifle.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top