Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:58:50 AM EDT
I'm weary of this stuff and want to know if there are any reports of how it fairs.

I'm thinking it's better than Paki and Indian 7.62 but I tend to feed my AR10 stuff that is clear and away better quality, favorites being Aussie F4 and a small stash of DAG along with Hirt.

Would the Argintine stuff be a decent thing to grab up maybe 2k rounds of to blow through over the course of the next year or so?     Reliable and moderately accurate are my main concerns?

Port is starting to get hard to come by so it's down to Argintine and South African(testing some South African currently) by the looks of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run 2K rounds through my FAl with no big issues.  Never really did an accuracy test, so no help there.  BEsides looking scummy, it all shot fine.  However, I did notice that 1 out of every 100 or so rounds was a loaded a little weaker than the rest.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]

The ARG is not bad stuff but I like the SA better...I'd recommend going with the SA.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Armalite uses SA to test their guns.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like SA, and at 22 bucks for 140 rounds, I can afford to shoot it. All I have shot has been nice and clean, no weenie rounds yet. I am stocked up for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]

FWIW - Jennifer at Armalite said they only use Black Hills for testing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FWIW - Jennifer at Armalite said they only use Black Hills for testing.

And only use NATO certified sources. I don't use non-US/Ero surplus 7.62N.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold them 10,000rds of SA on three different occasions.   Armalite used to use Port, I sold them that also.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Go with the South African.

The Argentine stuff shoots "O.K," but it just looks soooo crappy.

I ran a bunch of the Arg, thru my M1A with no problem; average accuracy at 200 yards 2-3MOA).

Last batch of the Arg. I got was "loose," and brother, was it loose. Fulla sand, dirt, etc. Sat up all night getting the crud off.

SA is sealed in a battle pack!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top