Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:38:55 AM EDT
I spoke with Bill Filbert at WOLF yesterday about WOLF's .223 ammo being a little on the light side. He said they're already aware of this complaint and are moving to correct it. The first batches of hotter 55-grain ammo should be on the market soon. The 62-grain ammo will follow shortly thereafter.

WOLF's really making an effort to improve its product and respond to complaints from the users.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as they don't charge more for it.  Why pay more to have hotter plinking ammo?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Will there be some way of identifying the newer hotter ammo?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sure, no more jams due to short stroking.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, no more jams due to short stroking.  

right, that's my only complant, it even short stroked my AK
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps Troy or someone else will know if this is true or not. Just got back from my local fun store and AmmunitionStore.com had a booth there. I was making small talk after buying some Wolf from him, guy seemed to be really nice and exhibited good customer service.

Anyway, I was asking him about availabilty of .223 ammo and when Winchester was going to bring more to the market. He says he has a huge backorder from Win. that is already spoken for. Says most of Winchester's supply is going to .gov - that part I know. However, he says that .gov bought some Wolf off of them to test out it to see if it's suitable or not. I just said, "oh really?" and went on my way.

Should the BS flag be waved on his Wolf statement?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I would raise the BS flag...
unles of course the .gov wants the "boys" to use it for their stoppage drills and such.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they are going to try and kill, with what they are being killed with.

Chief
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's a good question.  I should have asked Bill while I had him on the phone.  If I talk to him again in the near future I'll be sure to ask and post his answer here.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top