Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:35:55 PM EDT
Has anyone tried this stuff out.  I was looking at an ad on Midway's site and the Midway ad states that this stuff is loaded to Nato spec pressures rather than  SAAMI Specs. It also says that customer complaints about defective ammo must  be taken up with the MFGR, I purchased about 1000 RDS of this stuf when it first came out.  Haven't had a chance to try it out in my colt sporter (16 inch bbl). I kind of get the feeling that I got a bad lot of ammo when I read between the lines in the Midway ad. I would appreciate your input and experience. (I scanned the forum for reviews on this ammo and maybe I did not look close enough or there are none.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Their SS109 load sucks the big one.  Look in the ammo review thread they have the worst rating of all the different manufacturers.  Ammo Review thread
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks for finding the thread for me.  Guess I got 100rds of junk unless I got a different lot from the reviewers. Live and learn.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Mag, if you got the 55 gr M193 loading, it ain't bad!

I shot plenty outa my Colt 20" HBAR--no problem.

If you did get the "bad" stuff, call Midway and ask for a return ID number and ship it back for a refund.

---Woody---

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is the M193  55gr stuff.  I don't expect it to have the accuracy of the Israeli stuff Hansen imported some years ago. Nothing can beat that stuff for accuracy(in my sporter). I'll burn this stuff up a little at a time and use some of the good stuff. Thanks for your prompt responses.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The Ammunition Review and Reference is tacked near the top of this message list, it's a real good idea to consult this before buying some ammo.

When 52% of the people who have tried Olympic had so many problems that they won't buy it again, that's pretty good advice!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have about shot up the second case. I paid $99 at Gander. I would buy more at that price. One casing stuck in chamber, two failure to fire. This is m193 and I am happy with it. Good for plinking!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top