Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:10:10 AM EDT
This Topic is going to list:

Please add your XM193 lot findings

(1) DATE ammo received
(2) LOT#
(3) QUANTITY purchaced
(4) SCRAP RATE   (what is scrap rate?) A single Cartridge that can't or you will not shoot from your rifle.

I'll Start off.

6/15/05
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have several lots as far back as Lot 6, and haven't found any dammaged rounds.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds like he really bought XM193PD.

Yup.  I've never had an unacceptable round from the XM193 packaging.

The PD stuff is another story:  Bent brass, discolored brass and bullets, chipped bullets, near-squib rounds, etc.  I'm really reluctant to buy any more XM193PD.  My guns are worth more to me than saving $10.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like he really bought XM193PD.

Yup.  I've never had an unacceptable round from the XM193 packaging.

The PD stuff is another story:  Bent brass, discolored brass and bullets, chipped bullets, near-squib rounds, etc.  I'm really reluctant to buy any more XM193PD.  My guns are worth more to me than saving $10.

this will damn sure matter if its PD or packaged m193. sure sounds like he got the shit loose stuff
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep sounds like you were shooting PD stuff. I have shot a lot of XM193 and while it didn't look pretty none was even close to being unsafe to fire.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
No, It was not the PD stuff, stuff from the box. These were rounds that most likely are fine to shoot but I decided not to put thru my rifle. The rounds in question was giving to a fellow shooter and he fired them off. The rounds in questions had little dings and at the time I felt like I did not want to cycle them. The last 1000 XM193 no PD stuff some had the same dings and I did fire them off. I have another 1k XM193 boxed stuff coming in on 8/29/05 so I will have another 1k to deal with. I will list the info on those also.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, It was not the PD stuff, stuff from the box. These were rounds that most likely are fine to shoot but I decided not to put thru my rifle. The rounds in question was giving to a fellow shooter and he fired them off. The rounds in questions had little dings and at the time I felt like I did not want to cycle them. The last 1000 XM193 no PD stuff some had the same dings and I did fire them off. I have another 1k XM193 boxed stuff coming in on 8/29/05 so I will have another 1k to deal with. I will list the info on those also.

You had 12 unacceptable rounds out of packaged 20 rnd m193?   first off that is extreamly rare and should have been brought to the attention of lake city.

(little dings shouldnt count as scrape rate in your poll, this is military ammo we are talking about)
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You had 12 unacceptable rounds out of packaged 20 rnd m193?   first off that is extreamly rare and should have been brought to the attention of lake city.

(little dings shouldnt count as scrape rate in your poll, this is military ammo we are talking about)

12 out of 1000, not 20. The rounds were acceptable to shoot, I decided not to shoot them. They were to dinged for me but not for this fellow shooting aside of me. The poll was rounds you would not fire thru your rifle. You can't tell me there has been rounds that you were skiddish to shoot but you did. These rounds I was skiddish and decided not to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
1500 rds, Mixed Lot#1&2.  Dont remember what I paid for it, at a True Value in the Adirondak Mtns, still in its carboard shipping containers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
1500 rds, Mixed Lot#1&2.  Dont remember what I paid for it, at a True Value in the Adirondak Mtns, still in its carboard shipping containers.

Lots 1& 2, I wonder what the year headstamp are?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#11]
When I get back from downrange I will check it out.  Thinking back I got it in 03, and the store was more than happy that I was willing to take it off their hands, so the headstamps are probably 98-00
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have received my 1K of ammo today 8/29/05, long and behold it's XM193  lot #100 again.... I opened 5 boxes and they all look like they are in very good condition so far.....
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top