Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 3:47:42 AM EDT
If you are one of those who would like to see a company make match loads with milspec velocities (or possibly M193) for the general public, with self defense the priority with testing conducted on all ammo, vote in this poll and offer your suggestions.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=382640

With surplus mostly dried up, XM193 and Q3131A becoming hard to find and only commercial spec loads remaining avialable to the public (no milspec velocity 75/77 gr rounds), this might be your only chance to change that. So sound off.

BTW, this little venture may be attempted by one of our very own ammo gurus.

Brou, hope you don't mind me linking that thread to this forum. I just find your plans extremely interesting and figured you'd get better input from the true ammo lovers than the predominately Wolf shooting GD crowd.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i would as long as it was reasonably priced and good quality......
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he would do better to do a few loads in 5.56,and specify what they would be from the start.  There are already people talking about shotgun ammo.... which is why I would take people comments about if, when, and how much with a grain of salt.  

I like the idea, but I would hate to see the company fold because there were people wanting everything custom made for them, but wanting to pay Wolf prices.

I commented in the other thread that mil load 55/68-69/and 77 grain might be a nice solid start.

I wish him the best of luck, both for his sake and ours.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
"Q" drying up?

My gun shop still has 4 cases sitting on the shelf, I think I bought 500 rnds for about$110 out the door....

but yes I would be interested in seeing someone specializing in milspec for the public.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen any Q3131A here since this time last year. 5.56 at the gunshows is also getting outrageous. As it is now, it's much cheaper for me to order ammo from Ammoman than it is to buy it locally!

(I'm near Gulfport, MS)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Q" drying up?

My gun shop still has 4 cases sitting on the shelf, I think I bought 500 rnds for about$110 out the door....

but yes I would be interested in seeing someone specializing in milspec for the public.

Go home and wash that "SUCKER" tag off your forehead, you got took.

The last 2 cases (1K ea) of Q3131A I bought was $180/ea out the door.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Mike

that's gonna leave a mark!

But he's right.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd buy on a regular basis if:

1. QA/QC was at least equal to what we get from AE or UMC
2. It matched M193, both in exterior ballistics and terminal ballistics
3. Price could be at $3 per box of 20 rounds in case lots of 1000 rouds, or at least close to it.  It does not have to literally be "boxed" by the 20 either.

Sealants and other stuff would be nice, but wouldn't make or break the deal for me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in but me being a 7.62 NATO type of guy would love to see an offering like the German DAG rounds. That would be one hot seller!

BTW I do need a couple of cases of Q3131, I'm getting low....
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Q" drying up?

The last 2 cases (1K ea) of Q3131A I bought was $180/ea out the door.

Mike

Mike,
Where/When are you finding Q3131A for $180 a case?  I haven't seen those prices in a couple of years.  Let a brother in on the secret!

-Forest
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#11]
^
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top