Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:48:20 PM EDT
I have an autopopper I've been using for a few years.  Usually the XM193 or any other non-steel core round just goes splat knocking the plate back and chipping the paint. Then the spring pops the hardened plate back up.

Today I just finished off a case of the XM193PD.  After shooting a 20 mag at the popper, I go down range to repaint it.  I found two holes shot clean through the plate. This has never happened before. All 5.56/.223 stuff I've used just knocks the thing over with minimal damage.

The only thing I can think is that two rounds of M855 ended up in my bulk pack.  Has this happened to anyone else?

I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, pretty common to find the SS109 bullets in a batch of XM193PD, I do a magnet check on all rounds while I do my visual checks and I've found many. One of the many gotcha's in buying the PD stuff.

FFF
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:46:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes you get tracers or XM193 bullets with the M855PD lots.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top