Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 7:34:15 PM EDT
Its nothing serious, its just got my curiousity peaked.

I bought some Black Hills "Blue Box" re-man .223 Rem. 69 grain ammo.  I looked on the back of the casing, and its got the NATO cross says LC 02 5.56.  Does this mean that its actually loaded to 5.56 spec, and accidentally packed in a .223Rem. box or is that just the casing they used and its loaded to .223Rem spec?  Either way I'm okay, because my AR is chambered for 5.56 anyway.  I'm just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
blue box reman = used LC brass
it's loaded to commercial 223 pressures
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The brass you referred to was originally intended (and may have been) to be used for 5.56 ammo. Your "reman" ammo is loaded to .223 pressures.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Black Hills blue box is remanufactured ammo loaded into one fired Lake City brass. That's why it's cheaper than the red box. It's still great stuff, just more affordable than the new manufactured loads.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I couldnt find any "red box" and I was itching to try it, so I went with "blue box".  It shot very well, but now I'm looking for a killer deal on red box.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top