Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 11:15:08 AM EDT
Last night I got home from work (I worked until midnight) and there was a pretty unpleasant note on the dining room table from my wife. I neglected to mention to her that UPS was scheduled to show up yesterday with 4280 rounds of boxed M193 that I recently traded with a buddy for some rifle parts.

Just got off the phone with my lovely bride and she's still pissed that she had to lug in several heavy boxes I guess the only one more pissed than her was the UPS guy

Here it is removed from the shipping boxes-fortunately it looked like it survived the trip okay

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
=o
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Now is a good time to be restocking with 4,000+ rounds of XM193. It may be years before we are able to buy that much of it at once again. LOL. This was a deal good enough to warrant the cold shoulder from the better half for a few days.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
She'll get over it.  Tell her she can have the brass.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]

dang, you a lucky man
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
My UPS driver loves me. I make him carry cases of ammo, brake rotors, enormous furniture parts...I honestly think I should give him a couple of c-notes for the holidays.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My UPS driver loves me. I make him carry cases of ammo, brake rotors, enormous furniture parts...I honestly think I should give him a couple of c-notes for the holidays.

Perhaps a gift certificate to a chiropractor would be a wise gift idea also

Quoted:
Now is a good time to be restocking with 4,000+ rounds of XM193. It may be years before we are able to buy that much of it at once again

Agreed

This was a great deal for both of us. My buddy has been needing a new upper so I traded him a spare AR6721 upper half and a small pin lower parts kit. Considering what he must have paid for shipping alone I think I made out on the deal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy her some jewelry and all will be well...use a Mailboxes Etc shop next time, to receive your mail/packages...saves lots of evil eye looks, lemme tell ya.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Buy her some jewelry and all will be well...use a Mailboxes Etc shop next time, to receive your mail/packages...saves lots of evil eye looks, lemme tell ya.

My guess is that the wife is probably OK with the ammo situation after the recent issues in NO.  My wife is now happy with my stash of ammo.

R.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
CJan_NH

I lost a few pieces for my AR. can you help?

I need 4280 rds of XM 193

thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:10:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Smart move getting the ammo!!!! Take the Mrs. out for dinner, etc... She'll get over it. My UPS man is use to making heavy deliveries at my house.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top