BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:47:07 PM EDT
anyone heard of these?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You must be talking about silver bear....I have shot it and it worked ok for practicing but its not a xm193.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They had Silver Bear then on another page was this BEAR ammo.
It is the absolute cheapest ammo I have ever seen.
Maybe they are seconds or something.
Anyway thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And there's probably a reason for that. I'd steer clear.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They had Silver Bear then on another page was this BEAR ammo.
Maybe they are seconds or something.
Anyway thanks for your input.

Where did you find this? I may play guinie pig
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]
There have been banner ads here for this stuff for quite some time.

bear ammo website
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
There is Silver Bear, Brown Bear and now Golden Bear, Silver Bear has a zinc coating, Brown Bear is laquered like Wolf used to be, and Golden Bear has a brass coating.  As an experiment, I shot about 100 rounds of Brown Bear without any problems at all.

Is it junk?  In the Ammunition Review and Reference, Silver Bear has a better rating that XM193PD, so it isn't too bad.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
How are you getting the prices from that web site?
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought 1,000 rounds of Silver Bear 55gr HPs and will never use this stuff again.  After firing <400 rounds I have had two FTEx on two different trips to the range.  The weak steel used to make the cartridge cases ripped off the rim as the extractor was pulling out the expended cartridge case.  I had to use an aluminum cleaning rod to knock out the case.  Of course it curtailed my days at the range.

Yes, it is the cheapest I have seen on the internet, but I will spend a little bit more for Wolf or GA Arms ammo in the future.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top