Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:03:20 PM EDT
interesting stuff...supposidly runs 5000 fps MV but pretty much fizzles out at about 100 yards.  anybody got trigger-time experience with it and care to elaborate on the benefits of using it for training?

M862 on left aside 50gr VMAX Black Hills

apparently uses a LMT bolt to make it run blowback operated, and is supposed to work in both semi and full auto guns...

i plan to test some out this friday, but was hoping to have someone with experience with it chime in on the benefits, etc....was also wondering if the military uses it???

tia

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't personally know anything about it.  Is it a plastic bullet?

As far as I know the military doesn't use it.  At least I've never seen it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The Air Force used to use it to qualify airmen for a short period of time.  They discontinued its use because they had nothing but problems with it (or so I heard).  I always heard that it messed the barrels up.  Not to mention the idea of training like you fight.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
interesting stuff.  ran 300 rounds of it thru 3 different guns friday and it worked well.  cycled semi and full auto.  accuracy at 30 yards and in was excellent.  felt it was perfect for CQB drills on metal targets, as the plastic bullets disappeared on contact.  MV was 4200fps, and measured at 1250fps at 30 yards.  i'll post pics if anybody is interested....

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Where did you get it and what was the price?  I assume you had to change bolt carriers to shoot it, corrrect?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, bolt swap out with an "M2 Training Bolt" made by LMT to make it work in the gun.  I'm checking on the price right now and let ya know.  I got a few sample rounds from a friend who works at winchester.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top