Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:31:00 AM EDT
Apparently Century Arms has some United Arab Emirates M855 for sale. I couldn't find it on their website, I suspect though they don't update all that often! It isn't cheap price I saw was going to be $200/1k. Ammo was produced in the late 90's, Boxer primed. I don't know how it is packed. Anyone have dealer access to their site? Maybe some more details from there?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
And here it is:

doublecheck that link, it might be showing your old orders for some people

Now if they could just come up with some M193. Actually, the price isn't that bad if you consider Century's shipping fees which are pretty decent. It beats paying the same amount for Lake City floor sweepings!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered 100 rounds, I'll let everyone know what the look like and how it shoots when I get it.

Just realized, they didn't tell me the shipping fees.  Anyone know what they charge for S&H?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:49:08 AM EDT
[#3]
For 100 rounds I don't know but as I recall it was like $12.50 a case anywhere in the lower 48 unless they have changed that policy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO, this stuff is way too overpriced to bother with right now, especially when I can still get Wolf 62gr .223 for about $100 delivered per 1000 from SPG.  They have 9mm available as well, but as I dont have anything that shoots German rat pistol ammo, Ive got no need for this stuff either.  However, for those who don't mind shelling out more than they need to for the sake of novelty:

AM1258 UAE Production M855 .223 Ammo (62gr.) 1999 or Newer Boxer Primed/Non-Corrosive 20/box 2000/case $4.39/box $399.00/case

AM1259 UAE Production M882 9MM FMJ Ammo (124gr.) 1999 or Newer Boxer Primed/Non-Corrosive 50/box 2000/case $6.55/box $238.00/case

If you have a C&R (03 FFL) shipping is a flat $12.50 PER ORDER (no matter how much stuff you buy) anywhere in the US.  Shipping is free on orders over $500.  If you have an 01 FFL, shipping is much cheaper.  I am not sure Century will sell at dealer pricing to anyone without any kind of FFL.  In any case, you have to contact Century and get a sales rep.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
If Wolf floats your boat that's fine. I wont' put it in my guns. It amazes me the lengths people go to to justify their shooting it.

It leaves Polymer goo in my chamber or lacquer that causes jams.....but it's really cheap! The cases are hard on extractors......but it's cheap......etc.....

Again, if you like it that's fine. Rest easy knowing that I won't be competing with you to stock up on it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Phobia,

Please let us know about this when ou get it.  Would also like to know th year stamped on the cartridge.

I can remember when $200 per thousand was alot to pay, but now days...

Thanks,

Beat Trash
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Where is the link????
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
link

ETA: FYI century has a $75 order minimum, and shipping is UPS flat rate of $12.50 for the first $500, after that I'm not sure, as I've never ordered that much. They do require a copy of your DL as well.

Shipping and Ordering
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Why would the U.A.E. get rid of military small arms ammunition that was only 6 years old?  Why would they do this when there are several wars in the region. Doesn't sound like a contract overrun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#11]
This ammo is coming out of a native factory there. It is my understanding that they built it to supply their own needs and also those of the region and world markets. It will be interesting to see what the quality of this ammo is. Any source of milspec 5.56 is welcome these days.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]
They claim to be up to snuff with the NATO requirements...
http://www.uaeinteract.com/news/viewnews.asp?NewsFileName=19980316.htm
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Shipping from century is like you said $12.50 for up to $500 and it is free for any amount over $500. If you live in Vt or FL you need to pay sales tax also.

Quoted:
link

ETA: FYI century has a $75 order minimum, and shipping is UPS flat rate of $12.50 for the first $500, after that I'm not sure, as I've never ordered that much. They do require a copy of your DL as well.

Shipping and Ordering

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If Wolf floats your boat that's fine. I wont' put it in my guns. It amazes me the lengths people go to to justify their shooting it.

It leaves Polymer goo in my chamber or lacquer that causes jams.....but it's really cheap! The cases are hard on extractors......but it's cheap......etc.....

Again, if you like it that's fine. Rest easy knowing that I won't be competing with you to stock up on it.

Must be your rifle then, Most of us have had no problems with Wolf.  No jams and very little deviation of impact up to 100 yrds from top tier ammo.  Sure it's terminal ballistics suck, but for close range practice it seems to fit the bill.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sure it's terminal ballistics suck, but for close range practice it seems to fit the bill.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:10:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It amazes me the lengths people go to to justify their shooting it.

No polymer goo in my guns, and I've shot 500 at a time. Weird.

Never jammed my guns, or broken anything in 3k rounds. Weird.

About the only thing I notice is that I'm spending less on ammo, and thanks to you not competing with me, I am able to hoard even more.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#18]
YOWZA Swingset!! I'm blammin more with Wolf for plinking and my billfold's still has some green after I come back from the range. No problems neither.

P.S. I just thought I saw an e-mail "special" from AmmunitionStore.com in Canton, Ohio, about this UAE 5.56; if I wasn't mistaken, they have it for $175/K, plus the shipping. Lemme look into it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#19]
FWIW I shot 100 rounds of this UAE ammo last sat, Nice ammo, accurate and no issues at all.

Rifle was a RRA lower with a brand new Bushmaster 16 inch bbl upper.

I got mine at a shop in Vegas (Citadel gun and safe) and I think they wanted 5 bucks a box. All and all I was pleased. Ill be back for more.  

I picked up this ammo to test out the new upper and it worked great so I am happy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#20]
www.uaeinteract.com/news/viewnews.asp?NewsFileName=19980316.htm

ADCOM IN TALKS TO BAG GULF DEALS

The UAE's first arms ammunition manufacturing firm, ADCOM Manufacturing, has stared marketing its products internationally and is negotiating deals with several Gulf countries, a senior company executive said at TRIDEX '98 yesterday. "It is not only the first UAE small arms ammunition manufacturing company but also the region's first to market its products internationally, said Arthur S. Kalwas, ADCOM Project Manager.

He said Saudi Arabia has been manufacturing ammunition in the region but is using all of that which it produces locally. "Said Arabian companies are not exporting products in the international market," he added.

ADCOM, which is a joint-venture company set up in Abu Dhabi, has been presently supplying small-calibre ammunition for domestic consumption as well as to Oman, while negotiations are still underway with Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait, said Kalwas.

"Our whole range of products meet the required performance standards of the North American Treaty Organisation, NATO," he said, adding that only maximum qualified rounds reach the customer, since each one is subjected to 100.0% inspection which ensures reliability in function, dimension, size and weight. He went on to say that most of the countries are using NATO-designated weapons.

ADCOM, which was conceived in December 1995 and started production last year, has been manufacturing ammunition, including 9x19.0mm luger parabellum ammunition,5.5x45.0mm, 7.62x51.0mm, 0.50 calibre Browning ammunition, for small arms.

All the products are made using the latest US, French and German technologies in sophisticated blasting laboratories, he noted and added that the company has been planning to expand its product range to manufacture large calibre 20.0mm ammunition.

Kalwas said high shipping costs of arms and ammunition from other countries to the region are the biggest irritant to for the importers. He therefore stressed that "our regionally-manufactured products will have a competitive edge on the products manufactured in other regions." (The Gulf News)

All I can say, if they want to sell ammo, they need to load some of this and send it to Ammoman, The Sprtsmans Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt. They'll move crates of it if it's quality stuff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got my 100 rounds.  The rounds come 20 in a box with a plastic seperator. The do not have a green tip but my ammoman magnet is drawn to them.  The brass looks nice but there are a few nicks and dings on them, primers are sealed and the headstamp says, "AD 5.56 03".
Overall, I'll say the look like pretty XM193, shiny brass but a few dents here and there, nothing that would keep me from shooting it, which I hope to do this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Roger that, Phobia!

Keep us posted on your ADCO UAE rounds!

---Woody---
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]
The tag.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I think this ammo is pretty damn good.  I only had 100 rounds but it functioned perfectly in my M4gery and my A4gery.  Grouped like XM193 groups, around 2-3 inches for me, iron sights, 100 yards.  It seemed loaded pretty hot, but no data to back that up.  I will definately try to pick up a case in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why would the U.A.E. get rid of military small arms ammunition that was only 6 years old?  Why would they do this when there are several wars in the region. Doesn't sound like a contract overrun.

Ammo is "surplussed" for only two main reasons:

- The load/caliber is obsolete, or
- The lot(s) of ammo in question have been found to have a problem.

When this happens, we the buying public almost never find out what that problem actually was.  In a few cases, the problem will be more obvious (squib loads, poor accuracy, fail-to-trace, etc.).

Don't kid yourself; Grade 1 ammo is never* surplussed unless the caliber is obsolete.

* By "never", I mean "virtually never, with only an occasional, rare exception."

-Troy

It's so sad to hear such things!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Taggy!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
link

Shipping and Ordering

DAMN
With a price like that you would have to rent your wife out on the weekends
I'll pass
Make em sit on it awhile they'll lower the price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
IMO, this stuff is way too overpriced to bother with right now, especially when I can still get Wolf 62gr .223 for about $100 delivered per 1000 from SPG.  They have 9mm available as well, but as I dont have anything that shoots German rat pistol ammo, Ive got no need for this stuff either.  However, for those who don't mind shelling out more than they need to for the sake of novelty:

what is SPG?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#30]
100 a 1000? I'll take some of that!

So ,what is SPG?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#31]
SPG=sportsmansguide.com
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#32]
OK, I see a hole here.

* As per the press release if this stuff is to NATO spec, would that make it closer to the other non-M855 SS109 ammo loadings?

* From the Ammo Oracle, aren't US and IMI M855 ammo loaded hotter than everyone else's and really should be considered a separate spec. from the other SS109 loadings?

That said, if testing does prove out that the UAE ammo is loaded to the US/IMI M855 spec, I'd say "Score!" and happily eat some crow.

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#33]
the stuff aimsuplus thats called adcom m855 is that the same stuff, there stuff is 500 rmds for 89.00
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top