Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:26:34 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the USGI 50gr. frangible currently being sold around the web?

I'm thinking that it's probably not suitable for a 1:7 20in. barrel.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot it a few times, issue frangiable, nothing really remarkable about it.  I cannot remember what the max effective range (range it mimics ball is) but its not that far.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I was concerned that they would pull themselves apart from such a speedy twist...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, if it's USGI than it has to shoot in our barrels which for most part are 1-7.  I have shot it both M4 and A4, granted wasn't shooting most shots were les than 25 with none more than 100 meters but it seemed to work fine the few times I used it at 50 and 100ms.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are you seeing it for sale? How much? Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ammoman.com
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top