Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 9:14:19 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the frangible ammo that ammoman has? it caught my eye a while ago, and i've been wondering if it has some horrible charicteristic that is going to destroy my rifle or something negative like that. Also, it averages out to $6 per 20, so its not exactly plinking ammo

(btw, im watching dawn of the dead (the remake) and ive come to realise i do not have anywhere near enough SHTF stuff :p)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]
What purpose would you use it for?

Seems like the only use I'd have for it is indoor range use.

It's pretty expensive compared to something like Q3131A, but 31A is kinda hard to find at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's pretty expensive compared to something like Q3131A, but 31A is kinda hard to find at the moment.

I'm thinking more like "that would be cool to have and maybe shoot once in a while" (home defence or something like that doesnt even come to mind)

If i could buy it by the 20rd box (i havent looked elsewhere) and not by the can, i'd buy a few boxes and be done with it. As it sits now, its waiting till ive got *extra* money and i'll buy the case.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Indoor ranges will not allow it anyway by and large.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indoor ranges will not allow it anyway by and large.

Interesting.  I've been to one that required it .  Is some sort of special backtop necessary?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The frangible from Ammoman is awesome stuff.  It is partially jacketed and will not hurt your rifle at all.  It is great for shooting gongs at closer ranges (inside of 50 yards).

Also you can blow stuff like oranges to bits with it.  It's a fun round to have in your inventory.  I'd like to buy some more eventually.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top