Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:59:46 AM EDT
I usually use Sellier and Bellot ammo and love their 9mm and .45 offerings.  However, I recently tried some Winchester WinClean ammo in .45.  I haven't cleaned my guns so I can't attest to it's cleanliness but it was noticably hotter than my S&B ammo (both were 230 grain), making it slightly less enjoyable to shoot.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I hope the stuff is OK cuz I just bought 1k rounds.  Couldn't resist the deal.  Guy sold it to me for $150.  And then he threw in a brand new Insight M6!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not supposed to keep your gun cleaner.  It keeps lead vapor out of the air when shooting
at indoor ranges.      

But, you got a great deal on the price, I usually see it for $260 a case in that loading.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't bother with trying to reload this stuff. Just toss the brass, primers is not the same, [smaller] and so is the flash hole I believe.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So it's not any cleaner on the gun huh?  Why does the tip look like it's exposed lead?  And do you guys notice an increase in recoil with this load?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So it's not any cleaner on the gun huh?  Why does the tip look like it's exposed lead?  And do you guys notice an increase in recoil with this load?  Thanks.

The lead reduction comes from the rear of the bullet coated in something to keep lead particles down.

Lead on the front of the bullet doesn't do much.   The lead on tha backside is where you get
particles in the air from, due to the blast.

I don't shoot it often, there is one range I go to that requires its use, so I haven't
paid attention to the recoil really.

My personal opinion is that it gets the gun just as dirty as anything else.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top