Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:25:48 PM EDT
 I heard from a reliable source that IMI has become a private company, as opposed to their being a government run manufacturer in the past.  Anyone know if this is true, and is the new ammo as good?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
IMI remains a state-owned company but has had a few labor/management and cash-flow problems recently, e.g.: IMI Workers Riot at Headquarters and IMI Misses Employees' Payday.  Hang onto your Q3131A.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IMI remains a state-owned company but has had a few labor/management and cash-flow problems recently, e.g.: IMI Workers Riot at Headquarters and IMI Misses Employees' Payday.  Hang onto your Q3131A.

Interesting articles.  The same source I referred to earlier also says he is trying to buy over 1 million rounds from them through an Israeli contact he has, but they are very hard to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Well damn,  I guess now even q3131a will dry up.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
a percentage of imi was sold off to private investors.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a case of .223 FMJBT.  The company showed that they still had over 15000 20rnd boxes in stock as of monday when I ordered.  I will be glad to do a review of the ammo as soon as I make a trip to the range.  
I know this isn't their mil-spec ammo but, past experience with IMI commercial ammo has left me feeling pretty confident in their ammo.

Oh yeah, the company is Widener's.  Got the ammo in four days.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just bought a case of .223 FMJBT.  The company showed that they still had over 15000 20rnd boxes in stock as of monday when I ordered.  I will be glad to do a review of the ammo as soon as I make a trip to the range.  
I know this isn't their mil-spec ammo but, past experience with IMI commercial ammo has left me feeling pretty confident in their ammo.

Oh yeah, the company is Widener's.  Got the ammo in four days.

From their website...
This is  great shooting ammo. It is loaded about 100fps slower than FXM193 Federal. Our test results show an average of about 3100 fps muzzle velocity. Our test of FXM193  was 3195 fps.

I might have to buy some just incase....  I'm guessing the good days of cheap ammo is now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If IMI is short on cash, they could always sell more of their M193 and M855 ammo here commercially.  I'm sure they could raise plenty of quick cash in no time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
 Yes, but would our govornment allow it "openly" sold commercially?  And, since there appears to be a shortage, shouldn't they be buying it?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top