Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2005 4:52:05 PM EDT
I saw some S&B 55 grain in a local store for $120.00 per 1000. Does S&B make steal cased ammo or other low end ammo or is it all brass cased?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The S&B I bought was in the green and white box.  It was brass cased but steel jacketed.  The batch I bought was real good but I did have a problem with a few boxes that wouldn't cycle in my Carbine.  The majority was real clean and accurate.  I'd say it was in the ball park of M-193 for accuracy.  Though it was a little slower for velocity.  I figure it was loaded to .223 specs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The S&B 55gr worked fine in my Colt 20" H-Bar, no problems whatsoever.

Buy up a lot!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good price..............get as much as you can
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I went through a case recently and was happy with them.  Rounds came in a plain green box 20 per. They passed the local indoor range's magnet test, so I don't think they had a steel jacket. Do they make two types on bullet?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I use to shoot some of their SS109. It seemed pretty hot and was decent ammo. But seems it too has disappeared. Did they just stop loading SS109 for commercial sales or what?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Get some of the Sellier & Bellot!

It is very good ammo.

Of course there was this one time I bought some S&B at a gun show and the cartridges were iron instead of brass...But that was a one time thing.  Generally it is a very good value for its price.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw some S&B 55 grain in a local store for $120.00 per 1000. Does S&B make steal cased ammo or other low end ammo or is it all brass cased?

------------------------------
They used to make steel cased .223 I don't know about currently. I've got some that I bought a few years ago. It looks just like the Wolf polymer cased stuff with the light gray casing and brass colored primers with laquer sealant. Works just fine in my ARs.

If you found it for a good price, buy as much of it as you can afford.......it won't be around for long.

I wish I could find more of the greentiped stuff that was around a couple of years ago, I'd buy a pile of it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top