Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:24:22 AM EDT
HELP!

IS ANYONE HAVING SIMULAR PROBLEMS WITH WOLF AMMO?  I HAVE AN OLY ARMS AR-15 AND WOLF AMMO SEEMS TO MAKE IT JAM UP OR WONT EJECT.... IS IT THE COATING ON THE CASE?  I HAVE HEARD THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY....  I WOULD LIKE TO FIND CHEAP AMMO THAT I WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM, CAN ANYONE HELP?

THANKS,

KIMBO

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't use laquered wolf ammo in an AR
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]

its used everywhere
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
HELP!

IS ANYONE HAVING SIMULAR PROBLEMS WITH WOLF AMMO?  I HAVE AN OLY ARMS AR-15 AND WOLF AMMO SEEMS TO MAKE IT JAM UP OR WONT EJECT.... IS IT THE COATING ON THE CASE?  I HAVE HEARD THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY....  I WOULD LIKE TO FIND CHEAP AMMO THAT I WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM, CAN ANYONE HELP?

THANKS,

KIMBO

Are you having a FTE?  If that's the case and you have the old Wolf, get rid of it.  If it's the new wolf, you might need to check your bolt to make sure it's not gummed up.  Shoot some CLP onto the center of your bolt and blow a mag or two of ammo - non wolf and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've NEVER had a problem shooting ANY Wolf ammo in any of my firearms, including my AR-15's.

Also, please refrain from typing in all caps.  It makes your post look like some screaming rant posted by someone considerably less sophisticated than an AR-15 owner

ETA:  Kindly remember that all ammo doesn't work all the time in all firearms.  Maybe your particular rifle doesn't like Wolf?  Maybe you'll need to score some Winchester white box?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I stopped!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
kanchan.hn.org/figs/finish.jpg
its used everywhere

He's just excited.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't bring my glasses and can't see what I was typing.... So caps was on.... Geeeezzz! Get a grip use both hands....LOL....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#8]
AGNTSA

wolf works for some and not for others, not one of the best ammo choices out there but everyone thinks it should be.

i have never had any problems with it though
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've NEVER had a problem shooting ANY Wolf ammo in any of my firearms, including my AR-15's.

Also, please refrain from typing in all caps.  It makes your post look like some screaming rant posted by someone considerably less sophisticated than an AR-15 owner

ETA:  Kindly remember that all ammo doesn't work all the time in all firearms.  Maybe your particular rifle doesn't like Wolf?  Maybe you'll need to score some Winchester white box?

Don't roll your eyes at me, I have seen several ARs that do not like the old Wolf  just because your out of spec old rifle likes it doesn't mean it is any good.
Just kidding, BTW where is your avatar?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Girls, Girls Calm down.... Its just ammo....LOL...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
HELP!

THANKS,

KIMBO

Get rid of the old wolf maybe if yer using the old stuff. I doubt it's the ammo, sorry but I do. I've had 4+k of wolf through my olympic arms and not had a problem with it, and only occasionaly ran a brush through the chamber only. misterPX has 7k+ of wolf through his AR and it still runs like a champ, and the same thing every now and then he cleans out the chamber.

Yer gun just might not like it thats all. It happens. Try some other ammo like silver bear or burnaul ammo and see if you have the same problem. My gun doesn;'t like burnaul 62gr HP jams up like a MFer with that crap. But it runs wolf 100%
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't roll your eyes at me, I have seen several ARs that do not like the old Wolf  just because your out of spec old rifle likes it doesn't mean it is any good.

Just kidding, BTW where is your avatar?

Yeah, upon further review, I may need them later

Lawrence is on hiatus.  I am currently evaluating my avatar selection and sig line library.  I have no target date as of now.  The SHTF when I changed my sigline last week, but I just need something new...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
You're running shit ammo thru a shit rifle!  WTF do you expect?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#14]
My gosh you sound like a man in need of PUSSY you Shit Head!  Go screw something and get it over with son....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My gosh you sound like a man in need of PUSSY you Shit Head!  Go screw something and get it over with son....

nah he just doesn't like Oly arms.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe he needs a wake up call at 3a.m. to get him back to the real world... probly drives a German car, might even be a Hitler fan club member.... LMAO....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#18]
If you can't be civil, don't expect your post to remain unlocked.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top