Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:08:24 PM EDT
went to walmart today to pickup some Winchester White Box 40rd value packs . they ended up only having 3 and the guy told me walmart is working to stop selling the .223 because it is a "Sniper" & "Machine Gun" round.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
AJNTSA
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

your walmart guy is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
What the heck?  Not just your walmart guy, the entire store is filled with low paid workers.  Can you imagine that day when every citizen works, eats, drinks, and shits in a walmart or costco?  That's actually the ideal day because we don't need to fund the schools anymore because we don't need to educate anyone to work at walmart or costco.  Anyway, back to the topic, the guy is a dope.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#7]
That ammo has been discontinued at Wal Mart. I dont know why but you are lucky you got any. All of the Wal Marts by me have been out since I bought them out several months ago. They still carry plenty of UMC, WWB varmint and the $15/20 box expensive crap though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The remington UMC is $3.97/20 here and is better ammo anyway.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
post count 5??? ok its a troll account
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
looks like i know where im headed gotta scoop up what they have left of the sniper ammo.
also dont let the guys at wally world know that .22lr works in pistols too or they will ban that too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:25:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope.  
They know 22lr works in pistols here.
And they won't sell it to me because of that.  (I am 20)

Oh well, Now I just buy all ov my ammo from Gander Mountain.  They don't care what I shoot it out of.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Less than an hour ago, i tried to buy a case of remington-UMV from one of the local wal-marts. They only had 2 boxes, and none in the warehouse.

I bought the 2 boxes in hopes that they would re-order.

That's 2 wal-marts I've done that to this week........

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Less than an hour ago, i tried to buy a case of remington-UMV from one of the local wal-marts. They only had 2 boxes, and none in the warehouse.

So it's YOU!  

Counter guys were telling me some joker was buying up all the national inventory of Rem/UMC .223! (J/K)
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wal Mart only carries 2 or 3 boxes at a time. They dont carry .223 ammo by the case. I would assume they could probably order it for you though. But at that price plus tax it would be no cheaper than XM193.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe there was a thread regarding the Winny 223R1VP 40 rd. value packs being discontinued temporarily due to Winny(or IMI Israel where the ammo is actually made) focusing on gearing towards the war effort in the mideast. While I understand the situation, Not being able to get my 3rd choice practice ammo(to save My stock of XM193 and Q3131A) really chaps my friggin' ass!

YellowV, Our location used to carry at least 10-12 boxes at any given time. I cleared them out everytime I made the trip.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I am going to let you in on a little known secret,

Order ONLINE, yup, online venders that will deliver ammo to your door, what a wonderfull idea.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Our walmart has TONS of .223 a few different brands.  Here's what's messed up though, they will not carry more than one box of any HP pistol round at a time.  I wanted to buy some hydrashok from them but I'm not going to but a box of 25 rounds.  Minimum if 50 because it takes 44 to fill up my mags and have one in the pipe.  Now they will put 12 ga on the floor by the pallet. But having 2 boxes of golden sabre or hydra shok would be creating and armory I guess.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Dusty--you're lucky. Here in northern Ohio, none of the Wal-Marts I have been in--Kent, Ravenna, Macedonia, Canton,  alliance have any! Zippo! nada! You ask a sporting dept. clerk about re-stocking .223 ammo and it's like the movie "Night of the Living Dead" like: "Ugghhh--.223---uuummmm---yeaah," but nothing ever gets re-stocked.  Woody
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Our walmart has TONS of .223 a few different brands. Here's what's messed up though, they will not carry more than one box of any HP pistol round at a time. I wanted to buy some hydrashok from them but I'm not going to but a box of 25 rounds. Minimum if 50 because it takes 44 to fill up my mags and have one in the pipe. Now they will put 12 ga on the floor by the pallet. But having 2 boxes of golden sabre or hydra shok would be creating and armory I guess.

You can buy a thousand rounds of Buckshot and still be limited to one box of hand gun hollow point, only at Wal Mart
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#22]
How much do they sell this "40rd. value pack" for at Walmart?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Our walmart has TONS of .223 a few different brands. Here's what's messed up though, they will not carry more than one box of any HP pistol round at a time. I wanted to buy some hydrashok from them but I'm not going to but a box of 25 rounds. Minimum if 50 because it takes 44 to fill up my mags and have one in the pipe. Now they will put 12 ga on the floor by the pallet. But having 2 boxes of golden sabre or hydra shok would be creating and armory I guess.

You can buy a thousand rounds of Buckshot and still be limited to one box of hand gun hollow point, only at Wal Mart

WTF are you talking about? I walked out of Walmart with more than 500 rd of 9mm JHP, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:49:07 AM EDT
[#24]
WHEEEEE!!!!

LOOK AT ALL THE TROLLS!!!

LOCK THIS THREAD!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I am going to let you in on a little known secret,

Order ONLINE, yup, online venders that will deliver ammo to your door, what a wonderfull idea.....hr

Quiet!  Hillary and Ted might find out and then the 'evil home delivery loophole' will be closed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
first site ive ever been on where 5 posts automaticly makes you a troll. i would have no problem ordering online except for the fact my stepmother doesntknow about my rifle. and im not planning on telling her about it either. the last few times (other then this time) ive been able to buy upto 8 boxes of WWB. i tried the Remmington ammo, but it keeps jamming in my gun so i wont be back to buying it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
How much do they sell this "40rd. value pack" for at Walmart?

Well it USED to be $7.49 @ My local Wally World-not exactly a big bargain over ordering XM193/Q3131A(True M193)
through the web, but for convienient, Clean shooting, accurate, consistant ammo when you don't wanna shoot your stash of the good stuff, it's hard to beat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
first site ive ever been on where 5 posts automaticly makes you a troll. i would have no problem ordering online except for the fact my stepmother doesntknow about my rifle. and im not planning on telling her about it either. the last few times (other then this time) ive been able to buy upto 8 boxes of WWB. i tried the Remmington ammo, but it keeps jamming in my gun so i wont be back to buying it anytime soon.

OK, now for the million $$$ question, how old are you?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
went to walmart today to pickup some Winchester White Box 40rd value packs . they ended up only having 3 and the guy told me walmart is working to stop selling the .223 because it is a "Sniper" & "Machine Gun" round.

where the hell do you go to wal mart?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where the hell do you go to wal mart?

southington
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

21? Well if thats the case, then you are a adult, you can do as you please without fear of repraisal from your step mom.

Are you living at home? if so then MOVE OUT. time to be on your own.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

21? Well if thats the case, then you are a adult, you can do as you please without fear of repraisal from your step mom.

i have lived on my own. and as soon as i pay of my CC debt i plan on moving again. but to my dad's wishes, as long as i live here, she is not to know i have a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#35]
The sporting goods dude at my local Wal-Mart is actually a retired Marine, educated, and an avid gun freak. According to him Wal-Mart stopped carrying Winchester value packs because they (Wal-Mart) wouldn't allow Winchester to raise their wholesale prices. For this reason Winchester decided that the value packs at current wholesale prices didn't make sense for them financially. Some of you may remember that the 45acp value packs for example used to have foam trays in the boxes, but in an effort to cut costs Winchester eliminated the foam and started bulk packing the ammo in smaller boxes. This was mandated by Wal-Mart to reduce costs, according to him.

Also according to him, this opened the door for Remington (UMC) to come in at the price point Wal-Mart was demanding. Furthermore, he indicated that you will see UMC making subtle changes in their packaging to keep costs down (they will lose the plastic carriers in each box for example).

Who knows if this guy was talking out of his rear or not. In his defense though I haven't known too many Marines to invent BS purely for the sake of sounding good. This guy really sounded like he knew what he was talking about-and he seems to know more about the M16/AR platform than most of us.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I live south of WM's home office and have a lot of friends who work there (home office, not a store).  This is right up their alley.  They did the same thing to Vlasic a few years ago with the HUGE jars of dill pickles.  That's the danger of becoming a WM vendor.  I can't really blame WM.  These companies don't have to deal with them, and any vendor should know by now that WM will place a big order where the vendor makes little profit/unit but WM orders in such huge quantities that the vendor says "OK!".  Then WM says "we need this product to be cheaper so make it cheaper (without sacrificing quality)"  this is where the vendor tries to say "well, we're STILL making a little money/unit".  Then WM says "still needs to be cheaper".  Vendor has to decide whether to keep running at full production and break even or lose the account.  Smart vendors don't get involved with WM if they don't have too.  One of my parents friends ran the Sanyo plant in Forrest City AR and of course WM is a huge Sanyo account.  He said WM is VERY tough to deal with, but they don't BS around and the WM buyers don't ask for all the personal kickbacks other stores (sears) would ask for to make a deal "I need 30 free 25" tvs for my friends and relatives to try out".  WM doesn't do that, but they will keep pushing the companies they deal with to be more and more efficient in their production.  That's what Sanyo has done so they can keep their profit up.  They find better more efficient ways to product their products so when WM wants a price cut they can give it to them and still keep their per unit profit where it needs to be.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:38:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's nice to see people trying to impose their values on someone else.

I really think this thread ought to go to the religious forum.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It's nice to see people trying to impose their values on someone else.

I really think this thread ought to go to the religious forum.

No not trying to impose anything, just making a statement.

He says he is of legal age, 21, BUT his dad has told him to "hide" a rifle from his stepmom.

He has 2 choices, continue to "hide" his firearms from his step mom, OR move out and enjoy the freedom he has available to him.

If he chooses to stay where he is at, then there should be no complaining about having to sneak around to excercise his rights.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I agree with 1shott, time to get off the "titty" and move on. lol who gives a rats's ass what step-mommy fucking think's get your freakin ammo for your rifle and go shoot. fuck it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#40]
It seems to me that it depends greatly what area of the country you're standing in at the time as to how dumb the people in Wal-Mart's sporting goods/ammo sections are.

Here in KY, I can walk in, buy my ammo and walk out without getting any stupid comments or nagging questions from my Wal-Mart people. They don't always have the quantities in stock that I'd like, but since I mainly just buy 12 gauge targets loads, 9mm and .22 from them, I rarely have this problem.

As for .223, I never buy less than 500 to 1000 rounds at a time, which means I order all my .223 ammo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

i went to walmart in spfld,il and the kid behind the counter said the same thing to me. i did get 10 boxes of umc tho so not to bad.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Nope.  
They know 22lr works in pistols here.
And they won't sell it to me because of that.  (I am 20)

Oh well, Now I just buy all ov my ammo from Gander Mountain.  They don't care what I shoot it out of.  

+1

'Cept I'm 19.

WIZZO

BTW,  bought the last of the 40rd packs our wal*mart had a couple months ago. Now they just have the Rem/UMC in the white and green boxes fom time to time (it gets sold out in a couple days usually).

I don't buy ammo there anymore. I'd rather get ripped off at the local gunstore, or order a case online, than deal with them.

12ga around hunting season is a different story though.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top