Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 11:13:40 AM EDT
I'm sure the discussion has been had about the pros and cons of the different rounds for different situations.  I'd just like to hear what people have to say.

I've been searching for a while, but don't see any threads on the topic.  Can someone point me to one?

If not, I guess this could be it!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
5.56 in short distance engagements is preferrable due to fragmentation, light weight (allowing for more ammo), and recoil (more accurate rapid fire)

7.62 is better for penetration (cover for 5.56 is often only concealment for 7.62) and it remains potent at longer distances, whereas 5.56 slows down over distance and doesn't fragment making it barely more effective than a hopped up .22

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]

I've been searching for a while, but don't see any threads on the topic.

they are auto-deleted now.  

ar-jedi

ps:
if you are mobile (e.g., part of an attacking force), you want 5.56mm.
if you are static (e.g., part of a perimeter defense), you want 7.62mm.

what could be simpler?  

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top