Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2005 4:29:52 PM EDT
 User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote     Edit  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm completely new to AR rifles, other then bad experiences with Viet Nam-era M-16s. Marine recon let us carry what we wanted, and I placed great faith in my M-14, which NEVER let me down. I never had a misfire or failure to eject, period, and it put down whatever I shot. I have a new DPMS Panther .308 24" in the process of being shipped to me. My experience with civilian .308 Win relates to my Savage 12fvss. After experimenting with different manufactuers, I only shoot Federal ammo with it. I've been doing a lot of internet reading and I'm in need of advice. For serious shooting, I'll experiment with different rounds to see what it shoots best. But for plinking, I had hoped to be able to buy surplus NATO. I understand the differences in the NATO and Win .308, small as they may be. Will I be able to use them interchangeably in the DPMS?
Any expertise on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Thom

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top