Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2005 12:51:13 PM EDT
Hi Folks, you all helped me out with some zeroing questions, & I got my DCM to where I feel comfortable with it for a match. Anyway I used Federal XM193 to zero it as I planed on shooting that for a match, (reduced). ANyway as luck would have it, my gn shop was out of trusty XM193 for the first time in a looooong time. So I had to grab winchester .223, NOT 5.56 Q3131. My question is, at a hundred yards, what kind of variation should I expect from this as opposed to 193? Both bullets are 55g but I know the 193 is hotter.  Should I expect my shots to fall a bit  lower or not at all?I will not be able to get to the range before this match so any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a bit lower with the Win. .223  

But this should probably be in the Ammunition section
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep should be in the ammo section but neither are good for match shooting. The best you can expect are 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups. At least step up to balck hills for matches.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It's more like a Fun match, not some nra black hills ammo snob match. I'll be ok I think. I'd feel a little wasteful plunking down 50 bucks for 40 rds the shoot 's only 100 yards
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Suggest you try some Win or FAE 62 gr FMJ. My 1x9 does really well with those, a notch up in the accuracy dept from 55 gr at 100 yds, and it won't cost you anywhere near what match ammo will run you, maybe 50 cents a box/20 more than 55 gr.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top