Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:44:39 AM EDT
This thread is ONLY about the XM855 variant, which is sold in brown or white carboard boxes, If your review is about LOOSE XM855PD, please add your review to this thread instead.

Results from previously archived thread:
162 responses
140 positive
12 mixed
10 bad

Please add your personal experience with LAKE CITY M855 ammunition to this thread. When you do, please give information about:
1) Firearm used in
2) Approximate number of rounds fired.

Let's limit this to .223/5.56 ammunition, since this is an AR-15 forum. No offense to the guys with AR's in other calibers, but we all know that .223 chamberings are the most sensitive.

I am trying to solicit only information about your PERSONAL experience with this ammunition. If you haven't used it, then please don't clutter up the thread. Information about proper functioning (or lack thereof) is obviously the most important, but factors such as the accuracy or other peculiarities you've noticed are informative also. If you have had problems with this ammo which were severe enough to cause you to stop using this ammo, then please describe them. And one more minor request: keep your reviews objective.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
JoeInCT
Between my son and I, have gone thru about 800rds out of a 1,000 rd case in my DPMS Classic A2 1x9 and his Oly PCR-4 1x9, all without issue. Good stuff, all rounds in good condition in the box, definite military power and quality at a good price.

AssaultPossum
1000+ mix of yrs mostly 80's but some small amt from the early 90's...not problems
Shot out of a BM w/ 20" 1:9 bbl.

billclo
I've shot many thousands of rounds of it, (best guess is 3000+), with no problems.

Fired out of both 16" HBAR, 16" M4, 20" HBAR (various makes)

Mathew
no problems in RRA R-4 or Armalite 16 in

SS109
No problems here, mine was the 55 grain.
I also sold 1/2 my case to a friend who has match chambers and he had no problem with it either.

RABID
I've fired a bunch of it out (300+rnds) out of my bushcoltoly 16"SS/HBAR frankenrifle, and my J&T/DPMS 20"HBAR. Neither rifle is chrome lined and I have not had one ammo malfunction (with any ammo for that matter) Guess I'm just lucky.

P.S. this stuff will go through 1/4" mild steel plate at 100 yards from a 20" tube, and almost all the time from a 16" barrel.

CJan_NH
Zero problems to report with:

20" Colt 6601 1/7 HBAR (two rifles)
16" Colt 6400C 1/7 M4
16" Colt 6920 upper 1/7 M4
16" Colt 6721 1/9 HBAR
16" LMT M4 upper 1/7 M4
16" RRA 1/9 HBAR

I'm just barely into my fourth 500rd case, but I have had zero issues in all of the above referenced weapons. The 6400C and 6920 upper have had the majority of M855 trigger time (over 1200 rounds between the two of them).

Zod
LE6920HB 1000 rds no problem

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump to prevent archiving
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll Play

Std. 20" Bushmaster A2/ 1:9
LC XM855 battlepacks purchased around 1990 IIRC.  (..that's another story..)

Out of the original 2000 rounds purchased, have used about 1K.  Flawless ammo in my Bushy. No FTE/FTF. Fairly easy clean-up.

Not super accurate, but definately workable.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top