Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 1:08:09 PM EDT
I put about 150 rounds of win Q3131A (same lot) each thru my 24" varminter and my 16"HBAR carbine (both Bushy) last week, and was looking at the cases, and noticed that about a dozen thru the varminter had popped the primers out of the ejected cases, but none had popped thru the carbine.

My instant assumption is that a higher pressure was reached in the tighter chamber of the match barrel, causing the popping.

Any comments??
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
probebly

does your varmiter have a 223 or a 556 chamber? win Q is made for the 556 chamber.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I read the whole thing this time and saw it is a BM. I think all their chambers are 5.56.

you should not have problems with Q. You might try some other ammo and see if you still have problems, then it would be worth a call to BM.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What lot # was it that you were shooting?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Blown primers in Q3131A has been a peristent and well-documented problem.  However, Winchester has stated the ammo is not at fault when the issue has been brought to their attention.  

Here's a recent THREAD on the subject.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.

The lot is VA92, and as I saw from the linked thread, it is a suspect lot for blown primers.

I also tend to think that in my case it is likely a chamber issue, as it only happened in the tighter match barrel.

I also put 200 rounds of various commercial match grade ammo without a problem, but they were all .223, not 5.56 like the Q3131A.

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top