Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 5:12:16 AM EDT
Went to my local targetmaster yesterday to buy some XM193 and they said they are having a hard time getting it ( I bought 5k rounds from them in the past and they always had it in stock even when it was said to be hard to find elese where) Guess I'l be sitting on those 5k rounds for a while,  I did pick up 4 more 30 round mags
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Read the tacked thread at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I did , that was my point I never had a problem getting it even when others said they could not get it, It was the first time I got shut out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That just goes to show how far ahead of the curve Troy was when he started that thread.  In fact that was the point of the thread - buy it while you can. Well now you can't just run out and buy it.

I stocked up plus some when that thread started because I didn't want to run out this summer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did , that was my point I never had a problem getting it even when others said they could not get it, It was the first time I got shut out.

So you're saying that: "I know that Troy said there were shortages, but I could still get it. Now that the shortage has finally hit my supplier I'm wondering why" ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're saying that: "I know that Troy said there were shortages, but I could still get it. Now that the shortage has finally hit my supplier I'm wondering why" ?

Is that what I said, OK  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad we got ours a couple months ago when the floodgates opened a little after the last dry spell.   I wish I bought some more then, but had more important priorities to fund.   Prices are going up again on XM, so it may be wise to get it now while you can before another dry spell hits.    What I hate is that the low advertised prices are always the ones with "out of stock".    When it comes in, the price goes up.  

If you already have some, stash it for awhile until you see how the market goes in the near future.

You snooze, you lose.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got 3000 rds from Northwest Loading Supply.
$209/1000
A little high, but at least they had it in stock. (and still do)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What I hate is that the low advertised prices are always the ones with "out of stock".    When it comes in, the price goes up.

Not all of them. Wholesale Hunter recently honored their low advertised price on two orders. The first was a backorder and the second was a new order. I paid the same for each. Of course the price has now gone up about $10.00 a thousand. If you order from them now and it is on backorder for a month you will pay todays price, even if their cost goes up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought it all.  hehe

Seriously, stop making everyone paranoid they are going up and buying it all.  Thats why it takes a little doing to find.  By the way, I have no trouble finding it.  MY SECRET DIES WITH ME!  

Edited to add:

Its not hard to find, you just ain't looking hard enough.  Trust me brother, there is still plenty to go around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Ammoman has it in stock last time I checked.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If you "have no trouble finding it", why are you worried about everyone getting paranoid and buying it?    AND, if there's "plenty to go around", why won't you tell us where you get it?   You are contradicting your info not once, but twice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
The last I saw at a gunshow was $230 per thousand plus tax.

Ammoman has it for $229.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for ammo man

his prices have not gone up in a few months, get it at $229 while you can
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#14]
The supply of XM193 online is the best it's been since late 2004. but prices are up ~15%.

Ammoman - $229.00 delivered - a few hundred thousand rounds, at last count
Northwest Loading Supply - $233.65 delivered - unknown inventory
Outdoor Marksman - $220.19 delivered - 57,000 rounds

Both Northwest Loading and Outdoor Marksman are located in the NW USA, so shipping charges will vary widely depending on your location.

And if you're willing to sort through loose ammo to save some money, you can also pick up the XM193PD from Ammoman - $199/1000 delivered, Outdoor Marksman - $177.95/1000 NET, and Sportsman's Guide - ~$177/1000 delivered (with coupon) - $53.00 cheaper/1000 than the XM193!

Prices and availability, updated daily, tacked at the Ammunition Forum - the Ammo Price List.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top