Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2005 6:53:10 PM EDT
Now that the Ammo Price List for .223/5.56 has been established for almost a year, at the suggestion of a few AR15.com members, most notably "danhits,"  it seems like a good time to start tracking .308/7.62 dealers, prices, and availability.

There are too many variables to start a poll, so please add your suggestions to this thread.  I'd like to limit each category of ammo to 6 to 8 dealers as I've done with the .223/5.56 list.

Using the Ammo Price List as a format guideline, I'd appreciate your suggestions on:

- Reputable Dealers
- Ammo Types/Categories/Sizes to track: e.g., Blasting/Plinking, Precision, Hunting, etc.
- New list on the AK-47 side or addition to the AR15 .223/5.56?
- Any and all other ideas, including improvements to the current list.  

Thanks for your help.  
Brillo

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI There is already a very good one at Rifle company's website.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey! Brillo--I am all for ya in the 7.62mm ratings.

FYI, I just shot:

1. 200 rounds of 7.62mm x 51 mm made in 1981 by FLB-Frey Luis Beltran (Argentina) They actually have a website: Bought at AmmunitionStore.com in 2 x 50 cal boxes "loose" 1000 pcs at $149 +del. Full case is 1460 rds. they are all "tarnished"

2. M1-A Springfield National Match

3.  200 yards

Ammo was dull/tarnished from storage but not dirty. Supplier said this was caused by corrosive package materials (?) Military crimp on bullet and primer. Purple laquer sealer primer. Fired fine. Seemed a little "hot" I have no chrono. Shot from prone. Got 1.5 moa. no sweat. DO NOT TUMBLE/VIBRATE to clean! This turns the ball propellant into a flour-like powder and radically alters the burn pattern causing greatly increased chamber pressures. Reported cases of destroyed receivers. Clean with brass wool.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top