Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2005 5:15:19 PM EDT
Here is some information fro those people with 6.8 ammo. I prefer to only keep no more than  one magazine loaded  for emergencies as 26 rounds should be enough for most anything unless theSHTF.
What I liked about the 223/5.56 was the use of military strippers. 10 in each stipper 12 stripper in a bandolier along with a charger thats 120 rounds per bandolier.  7 bandoliers fit in a military can for 840 rounds ready to go, NICE! So why not the 6.8?

I was looking to find some type of a stipper clip that could be used with the 6.8 SPC.
After tring to modify 7.62X 39 clips and failing I tried several others without sucsess. What did work with a little HORNADY ONE SHOT sizing die Dry lube, was standard M-16 strippers.

Here's how, spray the stippers gererously with ONE SHOT then give them a few minutes to dry. Then you can load nine(9) into each stipper ( YES IT"S A TIGHT FIT) once thier in, fold up the end tabs. Then take each loaded stripper and flex it (twist it)  rigourously back and forth about 4 or 5 times. Now go ahead and put your charger on a 6.8 Magazine( they still fit cause they are the nearly same dimension as 223 magazines) and try it, works for me every time!  They can be used over and over and actually work better the second time around.

So heres what you have nine(9) rounds per stripper, three strippers for each magazine will give you 27 rounds per magazine(PRI recommends 25 but they will hold 28)
12 strippers per bandolier, 108 per bandolier, 7 bandoliers per can ,756 rounds per can.  Re-mark the can for 6.8SPC and your good to go!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That's nice.  Where can you find 800 rds to store in a can?  I think that I'll just wait for the military to make the strippers or keep them in their boxes.  Or buy more mags.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top