Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2005 6:19:12 PM EDT
Hello all,  My 10 year old son and I were at our local shooting club last weekend enjoying a nice  afternoon of target shooting, when I asked him, If he wanted to try my AR. To my amazement I didn't have to ask him twice.  Within minutes I had him dumping 20rd mags off of a bench rest with remarkable results at his 25 yard target. Please keep in mind I am a big fan of Wolf ammo, and use it extensively. While I was reloading another mag for my son, another shooter approached me and  offered me a small handful of his Winchester Q3131a ammo, and told me I should try some real ammo. So I loaded his ammo on top of my Wolf, and told my son to have at it. While my son  was blasting away, I noticed that the Q3131a was only  being ejected about half the distance as the Wolf was, and the report sounded almost the same. What gives?  I thought Wolf ammo was suppose to be severely under powered. On a side note, I think I have created monster. My son can't get enough of my AR, and he told me that his Marlin 15YN (with a BSA red dot scope that I just installed)  isn't  fun anymore, after getting a taste of my 16" AR. I guess it's time to order more 62Gr. 223 Wolf ammo.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello all,  My 10 year old son and I were at our local shooting club last weekend enjoying a nice  afternoon of target shooting, when I asked him, If he wanted to try my AR. To my amazement I didn't have to ask him twice.  Within minutes I had him dumping 20rd mags off of a bench rest with remarkable results at his 25 yard target. Please keep in mind I am a big fan of Wolf ammo, and use it extensively. While I was reloading another mag for my son, another shooter approached me and  offered me a small handful of his Winchester Q3131a ammo, and told me I should try some real ammo. So I loaded his ammo on top of my Wolf, and told my son to have at it. While my son  was blasting away, I noticed that the Q3131a was only  being ejected about half the distance as the Wolf was, and the report sounded almost the same. What gives?  I thought Wolf ammo was suppose to be severely under powered. On a side note, I think I have created monster. My son can't get enough of my AR, and he told me that his Marlin 15YN (with a BSA red dot scope that I just installed)  isn't  fun anymore, after getting a taste of my 16" AR. I guess it's time to order more 62Gr. 223 Wolf ammo.  

maybe thats why?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top