Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 7:43:24 AM EDT
Any legal issues with selling ammo and shipping it to another state?

Also, any advice on shipping costs or restrictions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold some ammo and UPS shipped it no problem.  UPS told me all I had to do was put with a sharpie on the outside of the box  "ORM-D  small arms cartridges".  They said it was no problem to ship ammuntion.  Just that the person receiving it had to be 18 years of age.

FEDEX was damn near impossible to ship ammunition without paying a ton of cash and attending some classes.

ETA:  UPS will only accept ammo shipments at one of their HUBS.  You can not ship ammuntion UPS at a UPS Store.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

ETA:  UPS will only accept ammo shipments at one of their HUBS.  You can not ship ammuntion UPS at a UPS Store.

That's what the UPS store guy told me he THOUGHT it was true but he never could prove it to me so he took it anyway (after he called UPS) and it shipped.  As long as you have the box properly marked and I think ORM-D Consumer Commodity will work, too....who's gonna know.

If you find it written, let me know.  Sometimes it's hard to find a UPS consumer counter.  Even at the counter, they never ask you want is inside or inspect, so I don't know what's the big deal.  Personally I think the rule has changed since they are UPS and not MBE but I have no proof.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top