Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 3:12:50 PM EDT
UPS dropped off my case of  boxed xm-193 today.  Ammoman's service is quick enough and I intend to deal with him again.  I ordered last Thursday night.  I opened up a box to inspect and found that the cases had the NATO cross stamped.  I thought that that would only be on NATO ammo and that this stuff was not NATO.  Anyone have any info on this?  Some sealant was on the neck of two rounds and one primer looked to be missing sealant.  The sealant on the neck is not excessive and I don't plan to clean all 1k rounds.  I am wondering if anyone else just leaves the dripped/spilled sealant on the case?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Leave the sealant on there.  And you really can't visually confirm sealant from the outside.  Case neck sealant and primer sealant are applied IN the case neck and In the primer pocket wall.

It's only visible if excess sealant surfaces.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The brass is NATO because it's the same as M855 brass.  Did you get it bulk packed or in 20 round boxes?  I ask because if you got the bulk pack, you're gonna need some time to hand inspect every round and pick out the unsafe ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The brass is NATO because it's the same as M855 brass.  Did you get it bulk packed or in 20 round boxes?  I ask because if you got the bulk pack, you're gonna need some time to hand inspect every round and pick out the unsafe ones.

Yes, the stuff came in two boxes each containing twentyfive boxes of 20 rounds.
Thanks for the Info guys.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I also recieved my 2000 rounds from SG today. I have inspected 1000 rounds of 193(box marked training only) and found 8 rounds that did not look good. All mine where the loose shipped. Has anyone put this 193(PD) through a chrony? I assume it is still at or very close to nato pressures?

I also ordered another case of boxed from ammoman, this is my first purchase from him. If not for all the reviews here, I would never found the ammoman, ammo oracle, etc. If anyone has a chrony and this ammo 193PD let us know about it if you have time to do it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=218579

Hand inspect every one! (Bulk Pack).  I am planning on calling Federal tomarow or Wed. about this
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I saw the pretzel stick thread yesterday. I have now inspected the bulk and found 20-23 rounds that I saw visible flaws in. Sure the brass was a little dis-colored not buffed/shiny but hey as long as it works I am cool with it. I use the dreaded Wolf as my paper punchers anyway. This lake city was supposed to be for a rainy day/SHTF stockpile.

I assume it is just as hot as regular milspec. Anyone else have any opions on whether it will be as good as mil-spec/ SG said it was mil-spec.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=217781
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
just recieved my 4k rounds today
all in 20rd boxes and all are perfect
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top