Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 2:11:02 PM EDT
I have read several articles about the blended metal 'wonder bullet' made by RBCD in San Antonio, Tx.  The 5.56mm APLP round that they manufacture and was used in Iraq by the ex-SEAL that supposedly 'blew the guy up' like exploding ammunition is what I'm curious about.  Has anyone fired it or seen any testing results in gelatin?  I'm skeptical and wanted some feed back on this round before I go any further.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Not well thought of around here.  Lotsa marketing hype.  It may not be bad, but few believe the claims the company makes.  You might want to use search function to get some insight.  Also, check out TacticalForums.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Not well thought of around here.

I was skeptical when I read their website and was ready to call BS.  When the Military tested it and said that it was nothing special in a 2002 report, RBCD has some excuse as to why it didn't do well. Thanks for the info on it.

According to Quietshootr, I'm guessing that I am somehow on the tail end of an ongoing bitch session or something.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
A few recent comments:

Lemas
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have read several articles about the blended metal 'wonder bullet' made by RBCD in San Antonio, Tx.  The 5.56mm APLP round that they manufacture and was used in Iraq by the ex-SEAL that supposedly 'blew the guy up' like exploding ammunition is what I'm curious about.  Has anyone fired it or seen any testing results in gelatin?  I'm skeptical and wanted some feed back on this round before I go any further.

Please, please, please use the search function. This is a thread that comes up at least every other week, and generates lots of useless drivel.

There are 3-4 threads which will show up if you search for "rbcd" or "lemas"

But don't take my word for it - these Ninja guys must know:

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright, never mind.........I am now going to slink off into the darkness again.  Being a noob I didn't realize just how big of a scab I had just ripped off and I will go and find a gauze bandage to cover the wound with.   My pennance for this thread will be a sacrifice to the ammo-oracle god of your choosing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Just dont buy the hype... you'll be ok...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Mmmm mmm, pot roast.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Alright, never mind.........I am now going to slink off into the darkness again.  Being a noob I didn't realize just how big of a scab I had just ripped off and I will go and find a gauze bandage to cover the wound with.   My pennance for this thread will be a sacrifice to the ammo-oracle god of your choosing.

I'll take a case of XM193. Send me an IM when it arrives and don't forget to grovel appropriately....    

ETA: I'm not so much of a god; think of me as more of a minor deity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please, please, please use the search function. This is a thread that comes up at least every other week, and generates lots of useless drivel.

There are 3-4 threads which will show up if you search for "rbcd" or "lemas"

But don't take my word for it - these Ninja guys must know:

www.extremeshockusa.com/gfx_splash/top_2.jpg

You mean that ninja guy?  After all it is the same person.  Just make shure you buy the boxed XM193 or you may get pretzels in you rounds!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#13]
they don't look like the dame guy, the skin tone is diffrent but theyeyes seem the same.

I own no guns... yet
but I would rather have a nice balistic tip bullet then some Bi-metal hype bullet
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
they don't look like the dame guy, the skin tone is diffrent but theyeyes seem the same.

I own no guns... yet
but I would rather have a nice balistic tip bullet then some Bi-metal hype bullet

Same guy, the "Skin tone" was altered poorly with a computer.  I guess the could be identicle triplets.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Well Zhukov, since you only classify yourself as a minor deity and not a full blown ammo-oracle god, the best that I can do is pass on my XM193PD 'cull' ammo.  Let me know where to send it and any extra snack food is a free bonus.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top