Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 12:54:19 PM EDT
I believe that is what a friend of mine asked today at work. What is the difference between corossive and non corossive primers or powder? And will that damage any parts of the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks HeavyMetal for the reply,have printed it and will take with me tomorrow and give it to Rick.
 jwr730
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are using corrosive ammo you have to be really careful about cleaning the weapon after firing, modern ammo doesn't use corrosive components.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all for the info. Especially the tips on how to get rid of the corossive stuff before it can do any damage.And for the link the primer primer, interesting and informative read.
I had not given the corossive issue much thought because the ammo I buy is modern and says non corossive on boxes usally but I guess if you are just buying cheap ammo for break-in and then plan going to the newer, named manufacture for sight in and dependability I see how you can wind up shooting some of the corossive stuff.
  Thanks All
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top