Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 12:11:20 PM EDT
I will be doing some deer hunting with my Bushmaster .308.Do you think this is some good ammo?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use a soft point for deer hunting, because ballistic tips tend to not penetrate deep enough.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Use Hornaday A-Max.  It's a plastic tip and will fragment, but it will provide plenty of shredded heart/lung tissue and deposit ALL the energy into the deer instead of a softpoint that may exit and waste energy.  I have a hard time believing that a 150gr. plastic tip won't penetrate deep enough to fragment in the right place.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
the ballistic tips are great for deer, they were made for use on thin skinned game,  I used the 165 gr. bt on deer and hogs at ranges up to  250yrds. and the on the deer it was all one shot kills.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top