AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 1:52:37 PM EDT
Keyholes in the target at 50yds?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
OOh!  That was quick.  Now, I know the rifling is good.  It shoots good groups, but I swear the holes are not round coming into the front of that target.  Those keyholes with the grey print around them, like normal shots, but not round!  It was right next to the backstop at 50yds (indoor range) and I thought maybe something bounced up or around etc.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Was anyone else shooting near you?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Was anyone else shooting near you?

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a serious question.  I've had 32 holes in my target in a 30rd qual course and the knucklehead next to me has 28...   Stuff like that happens all the time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, but they should not make that funny hole either.  Oh well, I'll see if I can duplicate next time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's a serious question.  I've had 32 holes in my target in a 30rd qual course and the knucklehead next to me has 28...   Stuff like that happens all the time.

I always load an extra round...Soz if your shooting a group thats too close for comfort, I tap your target.

Just kidding, but it happens in competitions and at the practice range alike, I dont know why but there are jerk wads out there who like to shoot your target  just to mess with your head...Let 'em see you getting serious, using data carda, ect and for some reason there are those who obviously get a little jealous or repugnant because you are doing more than just blasting a silhouette, thats one of the many reasons I joined a private shooting club.

Then there is always the chance, since you were shooting 100 (Edit, well much less of a chance at 50) yards that someone was shooting 25 yards, and it ricocheted....

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My old Sterling loves XM193.  Never seen a profile cut in paper at up to 100 yards and my sights (just as I got the gun) hit steel at 300 yards with no adjustment.  I have to hold over a tad with Wolf.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.  This one is a Sterling.  I also has some win-whitebox and some black hills blue box, all 55gr.  I'm sure that it wouldn't matter.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top