Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 7:25:37 PM EDT
I was at the local farm store, and they had a skid of this stuff @ $3.50/20 55grFMJ.  Anyone have any exp with it?  Search came up w/ nothing.  And the ammo review link goes right back to the ammo page!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Important information: There are several threads which aren't accessible anymore. There have not been any new posts for three months, and the threads have been moved to the archive server. Until the server is up and running, they are no longer available. Links in purple are affected. Hopefully it will be possible to retrieve the information once the archive server is on line.

Looks like they haven't gotten the archive server up and running yet.  It's interesting to see the posts about Sellier & Bellot ammunition, and now Remington-UMC ammunition, stack up now that they aren't accessible from within the Ammunition review topic.

I thought there was a posting about UMC ammunition a while back.  Maybe a search can dig it up?
If not, maybe you could purchase a couple of boxes, test fire them, and post the results?  

Personally, I have been satisfied with Remington and UMC ammunition I've used in the past.  It performed as expected and left less powder fouling than other ammunition.  I wouldn't feel worried about buying more.  Others may feel differently.

~Craig
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Heres my thread about the UMC ammo that I asked about the other week

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=206213
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I figure I'll buy a couple hundred rounds and check it out, I used to shoot UMC 45, and it was IK but I've never used the .223.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I like it.  I have chronographed UMC.  It was only about 50fps slower than XM193.  Not much difference in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#5]
UMC is GREAT practice ammo.  I wouldn't ZERO my rifle with it, however.  It's not loaded very hot, so you save wear and tear on your gun if your just out practicing.  Plus, the brass is really good for us realoaders cuz it doesn't get stretched out as badly as hotter ammo!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top